Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

track report

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 05:00 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default track report

truck ran like crap. it is missing up top again, i got some BR7 plugs before i went to the track last time and it seemed to have fixed the miss but it is back all ready. . i also couldnt cut a really good 60'. best was 1.70, every 60' with the firestones was better than every 60' with the perillies but still not great. i was pealing out a lot.

i turned down my shift points(to avoid the top end miss) and tried a few diferent thing. best run was a 11.2 at 121 with 16psi and a 75shot the entire run. i really wanted to run another 10 but it really wasn't even close for how hard i was pushing it. i am going to stop pushing it for a month or so. just run pump gas and enjoy driving it for awhile. it is costing me too much racing it all the time that i can't afford to mod it.

i did get one 15" rim in the mail so i can try and fit that on the truck but it doesn't look promising to me. the rim tapers in toward the center just like the stock ones. with less backspacing it would be much closer but that would make the wheels stick out.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't remember when you put your turbo on the truck, was the weather cool or no? what kind of estimate do you think you are gonna run when the temps cool way down. down here in MS it is still too damn hot to think about running good times.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn, 3 more psi should be about 40 more hp. Yet you ran .3 slower. Crazy **** there man. Just take it somewhat easy on her for awhile and get that built motor in.

Do you think a T76 is enough turbo for 9's? Maybe T76 and a 125 shot on a built 408?
Old 09-11-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Any video?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Do you think it could be valve float again? I'm still not completely sold on the idea of it blowing the spark out.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Flyer
Do you think it could be valve float again? I'm still not completely sold on the idea of it blowing the spark out.
Yep, spark blowout doesnt seem to be a big problem in the Forced Induction forum. Makes me think it is something else too. You might jerk the plugs out and read them to see for sure.
Ryan
Old 09-12-2004, 04:44 AM
single digit dreamer

i really dont think it is valve float. i have shifted at 6700 boosted before and it pulls fine, i am shifting around 6200 now. i really think it is spark blow out. i have ran several diferent plugs and it seems to help or change things every time i change them. it runs fine when i am not pushing it but anything that adds hp like cut out open or spray and it starts missing up top. everyone that i have explained it too seems to think it is spark blow out too. i will pull a plug and post up a picture. i have about 1000miles on these plugs and i bet the gap hasn't opened at all.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:00 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by parish8
i really dont think it is valve float. i have shifted at 6700 boosted before and it pulls fine, i am shifting around 6200 now. i really think it is spark blow out. i have ran several diferent plugs and it seems to help or change things every time i change them. it runs fine when i am not pushing it but anything that adds hp like cut out open or spray and it starts missing up top. everyone that i have explained it too seems to think it is spark blow out too. i will pull a plug and post up a picture. i have about 1000miles on these plugs and i bet the gap hasn't opened at all.
Is it possible you just have one or more weak coils? How do you test those things anyway?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Just replace your coil packs with MSD's CPS kit they have. More spark, harder to blow out. And some good 8.5mm race wire.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:15 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
Just replace your coil packs with MSD's CPS kit they have. More spark, harder to blow out. And some good 8.5mm race wire.
do you have a link?

Quick Reply: track report