Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Truck Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Plans?

Just curious, thought this may be a fun thread to see what everyone has planned.

What is everyones plans for their trucks in the upcoming months? Who all is considering power adders, wheels, lowering.....etc.....just kinda interested to see what everyone is up to.

Me, I'd really like to focus on my stereo and get it sounding better inside. I have one L7 solobaric 12 running off the factory for now. I want to get a new Alpine deck/cd changer and seperates. Then, possibly lower it some.

How about you?

Old 09-01-2004, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Awesome thread
I realize some people are done moding But these are my plans: get the yank tt 2600 put in, see how my traction is and maybe get an eaton (get rid of the peg leg) and some gears(4.10s ) -might keep 3.73s though...
I'm putting on an underdrive pulley and electric fans soon, then maybe headers or a NX wet 100 shot. Have to get the other stuff worked out first. Also have some 03/04 tails to pick up if i can ever find the time
The knowledge I gain from this website turns into a funnel, with the little end pointed at the truck and a big wide opening on one end where all of my money gets thrown.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

well considering my truck is only a week old
actually I have already bought escy handles and a billit grill and I'm currently trying to decide on a 2/4 drop. I'm leaning towards Hotchkis.
After that I'll be wheel shopping, but that will likely take me until christmas time to scrape up the money. After that it will be Denali style halos, some clear, candied tails, roll pan, tonnneau, shaved gate, and more, and more, and more....
Old 09-02-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

hope to be getting a tune, cam, and feed it the bottle
Old 09-02-2004, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

That all depends.
1. Job - new wheels first then go from there.
2. No job - not much
Old 09-02-2004, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a video of my truck on the net breaking the tires going 50mph It is crazy
So for that reason, SLICKS (it seems all of the good ones are on a 15" rim though).

When it cools down some, I will get a dyno on 12psi intercooled (instead of 3psi ). I have to show these turbo guys what's up! ...well hopefully I know a dyno run isn't a mod, but I feel I have been lacking on working on the truck some these days, and I want to see what I am putting out before I do anymore.

After the dyno runs...LS2 manifold (since i don't have to buy a throttle body for it) I just have to see if it will fit with having a 90mm opening to it versus the ls1 manifold. Things get tight around the blower outlet. Maybe a better cam too.
I think I just spent $1000+ in imaginary mods! I quite!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

esky handles * esky gauges * E-Fans * TOGs * Trans-go w/ servos * EATON * when the 16 inch Toyos run out, 20 inch centerlines * swap out my 2 12 inch memphis for 2 12 inch L7s *

MAYBE
a mild torquey CAM
out of all that i wonder what will get done
Old 09-02-2004, 04:16 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitrous, cam, headers, audio system, 22s and 4-link by the end of this year (I hope)
Old 09-02-2004, 04:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chingon
Nitrous, cam, headers, audio system, 22s and 4-link by the end of this year (I hope)

Thats an awesome plan. Im gonna hold you to that

I have basically the same plan but differnt time frame. I got other toys I want to buy first
Old 09-02-2004, 05:38 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Engine mods: I'm need good tune and may try the King Cobra Ram Air. A little farther down the road I can see a shift kit, servos, and accumulators going in.

Appearance Mods: I want to have someone stitch VHO on my headrests and get some custom work done on my door panels. I may install a billet grille as well.

Quick Reply: Truck Plans?