Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Truck Video!!!! Send Me Your Tapes!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 04:25 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Truck Video!!!! Send Me Your Tapes!!!!!!

we have a plan!

Kyle of www.1320video.com is going to make the video. it will kick ***. he wants $200 for his time. Tierod said he would put up $100, that seems like a lot from one guy, maybe if there is enugh of us willing to throw in on it he wont have to give that much. once he has the tapes it will likly take him a couple of weeks to get it done. maybe longer. it will be worth it though.

kyles paypal is >> zannycat@aol.com

post up if you sent him money and i will keep a running total here >> $90

parish8........$20
F8L Z71.......$20
02denali.......$20
1truess........$10
hondo..........$10
budhayes3....$10

i will be helping him by collecting the tapes. kyle will post up here tomorrow and let us know what he can work with but i know mini DV tapes are the best. we can convert any tape that we can play to digital BUT i dont know what kind of older cam corders we have avaliable to let us play the tapes with. right now i am saying mini DV and full size vhs for sure. there will be more formats that we can use i am sure, more later on this.

everyone go out and get some kick *** video, burn outs, cookies, racing, track video, whatever you have. if you have a sweet looking truck some high quality digital pic's would be cool i bet. kyle will have to chime in here again and tell us what kind of stuff he has in mind for a cool video. too much video might not be ideal either, if you send us several hours of video maybe you should tell us where on the tapes to find the best video so we dont have to go thru too much stuff.

it would be easiest if we didn't have to send the tapes back. included with the tapes should be contact info if kyle has any questions like ls1tech name, email, maybe even phone number. you dont have to send money to be on the tape, the more the better. it would be nice if we can get to the $200 without tierod having to put up $100 of it.

if you have full quality digital video clips let me know. we might be able to email them but even a short clip is 100meg+. this video will work out best if everything gets to kyle in full quality and he can make the video and compress it when he is done.

my address is

Jim Neuenfeldt
540 N 77th cir
omaha NE, 68114

it is up to you guys now.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of time frame do we have to get somthing together? If all goes well I will be getting mine dynoed in a few weeks and I plan on taping it.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:39 AM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

paypal sent. from badbow1@aol.com. vid sent via email to zannycat as well.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:11 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim,

$20 sent.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

this is awesome. a reason to go and do something fun and take video of it. how long do we have. as soon as i can ill get video of something and send my money
Old 11-27-2004, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

will quicktime .mov formats work?
Old 11-27-2004, 01:29 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TAPES and FULL QUALITY CLIPS are best. if you can send the tape the quality of the video will be 100times better.

if you want to send video files like avi's and mpegs and wmv's send them to me at Jim@turbotruck.net. kyle is real busy right now with his dvd release. kyle will make the best video he can with the most trucks but if the footage comes in and is overly compresed it probably wont end up on the video.

time frame. i am just guessing here but i would say about a month to collect video and then give it to kyle to work on. couple weeks from there for him to finish it.

02denali, how much did you send so i can keep a total.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:49 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Thanks to Kyle for doing it for so cheap. Stuff like this costs at least 3 or 4 thousand dollars to have it done professionally. I know I wouldn't do it for $200.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:54 PM
FormerVendor

Right on guys! Glad to hear you got this under way, I'll see what the SS guys have to offer over on our site... should be a cool video. Theres a lot of nice trucks on here and I'm sure there'll be HOURS of video to work with... I can't wait to see it.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wish I had some good quality video, or I would send some. What about some pics too?

Quick Reply: Truck Video!!!! Send Me Your Tapes!!!!!!