Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Tuning software or Nitrous please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning software or Nitrous please help

Well im interested in buying of these two things as soon as I can make a descision or learn more about one another.

Nitrous:
I don tknow much about it. Dont know where to start besides to buy a kit. But their are so many out their and all this. And I really dont want my truck to be "sluggish" off the bottle. I would probably be running a 100-125 shot on the nitrous.

I dont even know if I would go iwth a wet or dry kit. My friends around here all say wet. The more and more I read on here and ls1tech I would think a dry would be the way to go for me?

But like I said I dont want to loose power on a all motor run.

Tuning Software:
I dont know much about tuning yet either but have been kinda lingering around the tuning sections. I know have a mail order tune from jesse at wait4me. I would burn that onto a cd and then play from their. If anything got out of hand I could just burn that cd onto my PCU and their I would be back to like I am now. I would probably be going with HPtuners cause from my reasearch it appears to be about the easiest and userfriendly but then agian what do I actually know?

ANy help is appreciated. Also nitrous vendors I have spoke with a few and appreciate your help. If you dont mind throwing a price on here with your info.

I think im asking too much but noone ever said it hurt to ask.

Oh and my mods!!
FIPK
wait4me tune 93 high octane tune
4.10 with G80
pacesetter LT's with no cats, cutouts , xpipe and super40 series. Cutouts are right after headers.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe this is in the wrong section?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unless you're stuck on these two mods, I'd finish buying the rest of the basic bolt-ons.
Have you thought about a torque converter? What about a cam? After all of that good stuff, I'd learn how to do my own tuning so you can touch up on the things that a mail order tuner just can't get perfect.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

you'll get more from the nitrous up front, but the tuning software could help in the future. it's a matter of how confident you are in the tune that you have. also I wouldn't do anything other than a wet shot personnally.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

If you were going to buy tuning software I would purchase EFILive since you already have a Wait4me tune.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know how to install cam or torque verter....I dont trust shops around here.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't trust any shops around here either. I'd PM Rhino79 and see if he would want to install either of those for you. He knows his stuff and knows what he's doing as well, he has gave me a lot of good info and will be installing mostly everything I plan on doing to my truck. If you've seen TheWoodHaulers truck run then that should tell you something, because he installed almost everything on that beast.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

He really doestn want to touch other peoples truck.