Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

two runs tonight. 1 out of 2 aint bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two runs tonight. 1 out of 2 aint bad

first one was a WS6. was going down center street towards the freeway to pic my wife up from work. and came up a couple of cars behind the WS6. he would take off from lights pretty quick. so i finally managed to hop scotch my way through traffic to get up next to him. finally hit a light and the light turned green and i gave it enough gas to stay ahead of him. (setting the hook ) well caught a few more lights and i finally heard him gun it and i held him off untill 40 but i'm pretty sure he let off. because he slowed down pretty quick. so i think ive gotten his attention now. well we get to the feeder road of hwy 225, and he follows me. and about halfway to the next light he takes off. now there was no way in hell i was gonna keep up on a rolling start with that car. so luckily we caught the next light. i stalled up to about 2 grand and the light turned green and i let the hammer down. it was kinda cool, i could hear him taking off and he was grunting to get going, but by the time he got going i allready had 4 car links on him. and that was all she wrote. by the time i hit 50 he was all over me. and by 60 he had 2 car lengths on me. but oh well. i think i scared him a little, with the way the truck jump out on him. think he was like OH ****, i know this aint happening. but any ways when we got to the next light i gave him a honk and waved and went on about my business.

next one was after taking the wife to eat. and came up on one of those infamous HEMI'S. he had his two boys in with him, older fella. at the light he noticed i was giving the truck a good look over( which i was wanting him to notice, like i was in awe.,,,,,,,NOT!) anyways light turned green and i took off again letting him stay right with me. got to the next light and looked over at him and he had that **** eatin grin on his face, and well i couldnt have that. so when the light turned green, he bolted, i let him get about half a truck on me before i hammered it, and just like that he was looking at my tail lights pulling away from him. wound up putting about 6 on him before i let off. i wanted to ask him when we got to the next light if that thing got a hemi? but my wife said "havnt you embarrased him enough? leave the poor guy alone." so i wasnt able to smart off.
so that was the high lite of my night. all in all im happy. i know the hemi's aint all that but you run what your delt. if i could have run something else i would have but that was all i found.
later
Daniel
Old 01-31-2004, 08:36 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

hahaha trying to break in the new trans??? glad to see your still putting a woopin on those "hemi's" later, kevin
Old 01-31-2004, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

still runnin the old trans. havin a little fun before i put it in the shop monday. not gonna see it for about three days or so.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:18 PM
Truck addict

i haven't had much action around my way for a while. the hemi trucks or any other for that matter don't want to do anything. oh well. congrats on the kill
Old 01-31-2004, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs Daniel.... Looks like you had your fun this weekend. I have yet to have mine....
Old 02-01-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

nice runs "tocallo" .......i got me a race tonight tooo vs my cuzins hemi....hehe got it on tape so i will be posting it sooon......... 4.8 ROk BTW ur truck does have a 4.8 ??
Old 02-01-2004, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Nice runs Daniel.... Looks like you had your fun this weekend. I have yet to have mine....
it will come TIB, be patiant grasshopper
i just got kinda lucky i guess because here lately i couldnt find anyone. been kinda dry around here. well i wouldnt say dry, really the only time i get somebody that wants to run its been raining and im not about to try and lauch this thing when it wet. the damn thing will slide all over the place!
Old 02-01-2004, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 35thSLPss2002
nice runs "tocallo" .......i got me a race tonight tooo vs my cuzins hemi....hehe got it on tape so i will be posting it sooon......... 4.8 ROk BTW ur truck does have a 4.8 ??
what does "tocallo" mean, sorry im not that up on spanish lingo, i know a little but not that much.
and yes it is a 4.8L
Old 02-01-2004, 03:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
what does "tocallo" mean, sorry im not that up on spanish lingo, i know a little but not that much.
and yes it is a 4.8L
You call someone tocallo when he is named just like you. For instance, if my name was Daniel instead of File, you could call me "Tocallo" and I would be able call you "Tocallo" and everybody else who's name is Daniel.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:56 AM
12 Second Club

AAAAHHHHHHHH! makes since now i will have to remember that.

Quick Reply: two runs tonight. 1 out of 2 aint bad