Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Walmart is buying new ball joints for the ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walmart is buying new ball joints for the ride

We had my truck at my buddies shop looking at the under side of my truck and i found something i didnt like. I saw a pile of grease about 3 inches wide and a inch and a half deep of grease on the lower a-arm. There was grease slug all in the inside of my wheels where it had slung around. Little to say i was seeing red. Well I proceeded to take my truck straight up to walmart and have them clean the crap off my truck. They did a **** poor job of cleaning it so i raised my voice in front of the store and proceeded to tell them what i thought of them. They are having their share holders meeting here so all their big dogs are in town. They told me to get it detailed and give them the bill. I had them pull it up on the rack so i could check out the fittings and boots. BUSTED from over greasing. I went to the CHEVY dealer to get a price on what it will take. Well 3 ball joints and some labor later it came out to $700. I said i dont care they are paying for it. So i called the district manager and he acted like he didnt care and told me i didnt need to tell him how to train his people. So I will be calling his boss the regional manager to tell her what i think of this whole deal. I found out through some of my old walmart buddies that she doesnt like this guy anyway so I am going to see what i can get out of this deal.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Banned

Default Re: Walmart is buying new ball joints for the ride

did they already pay the 700 bucks?
Old 06-05-2003, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Walmart is buying new ball joints for the ride

No but I use to be a Tire and Lube manager for them and when you live about 5 minutes away from their home office you dont have to make too many phone calls to get some thing done. You wouldnt believe some of the claims they pay out. I am not trying to get to them. I just want my damn truck fixed. They will cut the dealer the check, I wont ever see the money