Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Water inside truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water inside truck

So I get home today (its night time) and when I get home that I shut off the truck the dome lights come on, I look over to my pass. seat and theres water drops on it. Its been raining today all day long and pretty hard at that. So I walk around open the pass. side door and check the x-cab door . Everything seemed to be closed tight. I asart looking and the head board is wet where the x-cab door latches. I remove the plastic piece thatson the top there and it was about 1/4 to 1/2 way full. I looked everywhere and couldnt fined any wet spots or where the water could have come from. I shined a light into the head board and it all looked dry. Checked the sun roof and it was closed. I even pulled the weather strips off and the was no water in the groves. So where could it be coming from?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

The drain tubes in the corners of the sunrook are stopped up. I see this all the time. Most times the tubes have pine needles in them or leaves. Clean em out and you should be fine.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:30 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
The drain tubes in the corners of the sunrook are stopped up. I see this all the time. Most times the tubes have pine needles in them or leaves. Clean em out and you should be fine.
+1 very common, and not just on GM's, especially this time of year after leaves have fallen and disintegrated and worked their way in there. Spider webs make great clogs to sunroof and ac drains also. I've replaced about 10 carpets and had to clean mold and odors on the same vehicles this past fall. Soak that water up fast before it starts to stink...once that moldy smell gets in there it can be hell to get out. On our Lexus RX350's I've had to scrape all of the factory sprayed on sound deadening material out of the vehicle and replace it with new sound deadening pads to help remove the stink. I also use hydrogen peroxide and de-contaminate the entire interior.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Tanks guys. I found it, I couldnt go to bed without at least tring to find it so i drop the head board some and found the leak. There is a drain pan on the back side of the sunroof that attaches to the bottom drain pan Where the attachments are I guess cracked some and water was leaking on to the liner and to the side where i found the water. I put some 3M 5200 marine silicone where the top drain pan clips come through the bottom drain pan for now. Hopefully it will work out good because it looks like a pain to disassemble that $h!t. Not a good design to have clips going through a drain pan .