Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Well had a bad situation last night but gonna end up good...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Swerve7rpm2000
I dont know if this matters much but ive always been told to put the nozzles on the bottom for proper spray.... You were apparently spraying way to much if it was puddling up in the intake because it should atomize and mist in the intake! Sorry for the loss but the 6.2 will be a beast.
hmmm first i heard of someone putting it on the bottom. Were I put it was exactly were Snow says too in the instructions. This is my first time using meth so just installed it how they said too. Yeah I was spraying WAY too much just didnt realize it. Oh well you live and you learn. Looking forward to see what the 6.2 will do.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You need one of these in your meth line. Keeps it from puddling or dribbling after the pump shuts off.

Methanol Injection Check Valve
Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks Kyle just order it!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i spray mine from the top without any issues...sux this happen
Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told to install the nozzle where if it did leak it would puddle in the I/C and not into the intake.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 AM
TECH Addict

But are you MAF or speed density? I'm running a MAF close to the stock location so where I have it is pretty much were it has to go. I wasn't really having any problems with it draining into the intake. My problem was I was spraying too much my nozzle was too big. I ended up pretty much flooding the intake with water/meth for those few seconds I was messing with the truck, stalling it up and just pullin into my buddies shop and turning it off didn't give it any time to burn off. It was my fault entirely I didnt have it set right. It's fixed right now and I don't want to discourage anyone from running meth it's a great part to add you just have to use it correctly and have it setup right.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

i also have a check valve inline but had a larger nozzle in when i felt some stumbling at WOT so changed to the next smaller size ...working great now...
Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Something doesn't seem right to me. I would think if you had too big of a nozzle, the truck would run like absolute ****, be extremely rich and bog. For you to have enough liquid in the intake for it to be able to hydrock, i would think it would have bogged down right when you let off the throttle. I had the biggest single devilsown makes on my 5.3 and it ran great like that. I would look into it a little more and make sure it's something that won't happen on your new motor. I am using the same check valve Kyle posted, keeps it from draining on it's own when you don't want it to.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Well yes and no the truck ran badass open throttle but as soon as I would let off like you said it would kinda run like **** and stumble. Like I said I just didnt have it setup right it was all user error. Only reason it did what it did was because what I did i have never done before so wasn't aware of what is was gonna do. I stalled up in 4hi and held it at 8-9lbs just to see what it will hold and right away turned into my buddies shop( I was parked right in front) and shut it off right away not aware of all the meth I just dumped into it. Causing it to hydrolock when I went to go turn it on.

Last edited by Three6GMC; 10-26-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

sorry to dig this but i saw you were getting a 6.2. now i know you were getting it before your 5.3 did this, but this is horrible man, effects the money you would get selling it if you dont rip it apart to find out. gona keep up with your posts to see what goes on with the 5.3 and what your build on the 6.2 is gona be like. hard lesson to learn but now you know from now on.

Quick Reply: Well had a bad situation last night but gonna end up good...