Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

well shes down question is: for how long

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default well shes down question is: for how long

yep shes hurt, dont know the extent but i know its not good, started pulling the driverside head off earlier today, will finish up during the week sometime.

she was a strong running engine, she now sounds like a bi pass is open on a air pump did do a COMPRESSION CHECK then gave up after seeing only a few lbs on 1 & 5 ..

she did cut a best 1.47 60 ft with a ET of 10.6 at 126 on a 150 shot, im pissed cause my computer froze and didnt get the logs off both runs.

mistakes were made:

1. running the 150 when i wasnt prepared for it or not setup for it.

2nd. greed took its toll a friend of mine called me out right after i made a pass, i took him up on it and this is when the engine failed i knew better not to do this but i did it anyway, boy how important it is to read your plugs after nitrous runs..

most would think a 150 shot is small, this is true pending on your setup, in my case my setup builds tremendous amount of air and with the nitous it ran tremendously hot to where tr7 plugs were needed, its called being agressive i knew i needed these plugs with a 150 shot and 100% race gas, i short changed myself and only had maybe 60% race fuel and 40% 93 octane

with that there is a game plan, i'll be dropping off the lunati pro series crank and pro series rods and 6.0 block thats already been machined to LME in houston for a short block build, this will be an agressive build not so much street friendly anymore BUT not limited just to race fuel

pics will be taken as things move forward
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Let me know what you need a hand with good buddy. While you're down I wanna get serious with that 4 link setup. We need it in the 1.4s on motor
Old 10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the build. I'm subscribing for details.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man that sucks! most likely took the pistons out right around the ring land. i have seen it several times in ls2's. new build going to be same heads and intake mani? big shot?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Let me know what you need a hand with good buddy. While you're down I wanna get serious with that 4 link setup. We need it in the 1.4s on motor
i'll start pulling the engine tomorrow, if i dont work over, but more then likely i'll be working, if all fails i'll hit it saturday hard foresure.. between time i might take off early and head to LME and talk to pacos about the 408. once the engine is out then the converter will be going to chris for a destall lol back to 4k. she was fun while she lasted.

she';; deffinitely cut some good 60 fts with the new build
Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fastrt
damn man that sucks! most likely took the pistons out right around the ring land. i have seen it several times in ls2's. new build going to be same heads and intake mani? big shot?
more then likely so on the melt down, i wasa at fault by running back to back when i knew better but **** happens.. i wanted a 408 but didnt want it at the cost of the stock short block lol.

yes, setup will consist of the same heads and intake, i'll guarantee a 10 sec pass on motor which i sitll think i could have done it on the stocker guess we'll never know now
Old 10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn skeet hope its sumthing minor like piston rings or sumthing else
Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by casper02
Damn skeet hope its sumthing minor like piston rings or sumthing else
me too, but who knows, i got what i asked for lol, my 408 finally gonna get built, it just pushes me closer to it and sooner
Old 10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You accomplished alot on that 6.0 so it's time to move on to bigger and better. Keep us posted and what you find.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tarinitup
You accomplished alot on that 6.0 so it's time to move on to bigger and better. Keep us posted and what you find.

honestly!! i got off track, i let the juice get my drunk, my intentions were to stay on a 100 shot, i rushed it and now paying for it, quik told me not to until we run NA in really cold weather,we had our sites on a 10.9x pass NA! which i know it would have happened, he told me make sure if i run anything over 100 shot to change the plugs to TR7s and run race gas ONLY!! i didnt listen and now im paying the price.. i knew the tune was agressive, thats what we wanted or I wanted, anyway **** happens and the 408 will do its thing in due time

Quick Reply: well shes down question is: for how long