Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Wester's tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wester's tuning

As all of you know I waited near 6 weeks for my update for my blower. This was my first update. It detonates so badly you can hear little else. I spoke with him and he said it was the intake. I put a stock box on with ram air tube. Still detonates. Called and spoke with him again and asked for a new tune. He asked me if Im sure my ASM 43lb injectors are really 43lb injectors. I said yes. He said to get him the part number. I said I didnt have it. I asked him to just take a couple degrees of timing out and richen things up. He said he would have to take out at least 8-10 degrees and wouldnt be able to richen it up w/o a part number. I have had it with this dipshit. I paid $500 to be treated like this??!! Just give me a tune that works *******. Ive had enough. Im not pleading and waiting anymore. This is for 6 measly pounds of boost. Tuner my ***. I will have to pay to have this tuned again. Lyndon swore he could tune for a blower no prob. I purchased the parts he told me to get to make it easier to tune and I have to wait 6 weeks for a tune that I cant drive on and then track down part numbers??!! So a truck can only be driven on 15-16* or 5-8*??? I guess theere is no middle ground. I was lied to outright and had $500 of my money stollen. Now Im right back at square one. If anyone fails to believe ANYTHING I am writing I will be more than happy to provide more specifics.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

I'll be the first to say, might be time to call up Allen
Old 06-09-2004, 04:30 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
As all of you know I waited near 6 weeks for my update for my blower. This was my first update. It detonates so badly you can hear little else. I spoke with him and he said it was the intake. I put a stock box on with ram air tube. Still detonates. Called and spoke with him again and asked for a new tune. He asked me if Im sure my ASM 43lb injectors are really 43lb injectors. I said yes. He said to get him the part number. I said I didnt have it. I asked him to just take a couple degrees of timing out and richen things up. He said he would have to take out at least 8-10 degrees and wouldnt be able to richen it up w/o a part number. I have had it with this dipshit. I paid $500 to be treated like this??!! Just give me a tune that works *******. Ive had enough. Im not pleading and waiting anymore. This is for 6 measly pounds of boost. Tuner my ***. I will have to pay to have this tuned again. Lyndon swore he could tune for a blower no prob. I purchased the parts he told me to get to make it easier to tune and I have to wait 6 weeks for a tune that I cant drive on and then track down part numbers??!! So a truck can only be driven on 15-16* or 5-8*??? I guess theere is no middle ground. I was lied to outright and had $500 of my money stollen. Now Im right back at square one. If anyone fails to believe ANYTHING I am writing I will be more than happy to provide more specifics.
Sounds like he's full of it!

Can't richen it up without a part#

Has to take out 8-10 degrees

Sorry to hear that man. Too bad you can't get your money back.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Well, live and learn. Im going with a real wideband dyno tuen tomorrow by the guy that tuned the fastest N/A GTO in the world or USA or something . I wont be detonating anymore so that is good. He is also cutting me a sweet deal on this and my next tune considering all the dyno time AND he is squeezing me in tomorrow!!!! I will post dyno #'s tomorrow it looks like!!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:49 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Well, live and learn. Im going with a real wideband dyno tuen tomorrow by the guy that tuned the fastest N/A GTO in the world or USA or something . I wont be detonating anymore so that is good. He is also cutting me a sweet deal on this and my next tune considering all the dyno time AND he is squeezing me in tomorrow!!!! I will post dyno #'s tomorrow it looks like!!
Cool! Do you know if westers locked the pcm? If so, do you know if your new tuner can get around it?
Old 06-09-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Well ain't that some ****. At least you'll finally be back on the road after all that crap. Since that PCM is locked, maybe you should take it skeet shooting!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

I had a detonation problem as well, and no tuning would solve it. All that had to be done was to start from a new flash and problem solved.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know about the whole locking thing. I told the guy all about it and he didnt seem to concerned about a "locked PCM". He says he has unlimited access. I hope I have no more surprises. I dont know how much more crap Im willing to go through. Im so pissed about the whole Wester's b.s. It just isnt right. If he does have some sort of lock I will call him and get whatever is needed to unlock it. Ive had it with that bozo. I'd rather have my plumber write a new tune for me at this point.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I dont know about the whole locking thing. I told the guy all about it and he didnt seem to concerned about a "locked PCM". He says he has unlimited access. I hope I have no more surprises. I dont know how much more crap Im willing to go through. Im so pissed about the whole Wester's b.s. It just isnt right. If he does have some sort of lock I will call him and get whatever is needed to unlock it. Ive had it with that bozo. I'd rather have my plumber write a new tune for me at this point.
I had ed wright do a tune for me a long time ago. Then I got edit and it wouldn't read. I called ed and he said I had to send it to him to unlock it for $175.

Then I contacted Ken Kelly at carputing and he sent me a file to flash over it. Hopefully your tuner can do the same type thing.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

I hope I dont have to do that. The guy has the same program as Allen and Lyndon. The unlimited VIN enhanced EDIT?? Something like that. Im mentally exhausted. I havent been to the gym in 3 days and Im getting moody. I hope I dont have to place a call to Wester's again b/c I doubt if I can be civil. I will hopefully have some good news to report back tomorrow. This guy is over an hour away, so I hope I can have everything done. Im going to stop worrying about this crap. Im going to get the headers on ASAP and get the alky set up with a new pulley. Im undecided as to what way to go with the tranny. I think 10#, alky, and headers is going to be it. Will a FLP 4L65 hold up??