Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Whats driving you nuts with the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

front ends loose as hell.the drop doesnt look right. the tires stick out too far.blue interior.chips in the hood.foglights never work for any amount of time.brake and abs lights staring me in the face more often than not.400ss decals that have been cleared over.clear peeling everywhere.cracked stepside.marks in the paint around the fender wells from where that lovely chrome trim used to reside.a couple of small dents.stuttering 4.8.torque management.windows take forever to roll up,passenger side window sticks halfway with annoying frequency.the coating on the dash that loves to peel off. and last, but definitely not least, rust. significant patches forming around my sliding rear window, spots on the undersides of the rocker panels. the rust is what pisses me off most of all. the stuff around the rear window is already bubbling up.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
I'm pissed i keep smoking 60e's like there a leaf in the wind.
Mine wont die!!!

I've put it through heck and it just keeps on going.

Ready to buy a built one and a bigger converter when it does take a .

But until them I'll keep hammerin on it.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Oh boy...

Occasionally my pass side header will tap the frame at idle.
My tune is not up to my expectations, Damn 60lb injectors are a bitch.
It drinks gas, as they all do.
Got some small paint chips in my hood, Good excuse for a cowl hood right?
The little LED for my AC button backlight isnt working.
Slow windows.
I have parts sitting in a pile that I cant find time to install......
Old 12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm. Well everytime i drive it, something breaks.

-the nearest shops with experience working on SyTys is over 600 miles away from me.

-the nearest professional tuner is over 500 miles away.

-most parts stores dont have my truck model in their system.

-everyone ask's me if it's a real one.

-with a 2" cowl hood, my engine still boils the washer fluid outta the lines and onto the windshield.

-i cannot apply cleaners to my hood until it sits to cool for 2+hours after a drive.

-my rear window is specific to Syclones and has a mirror-ish finish, which reflects my gauges in mirror at night.

-if i sneeze on it, it runs like crap

-my truck holds 5 gallons of coolant, but i always have to drain it, anytime something needs fixed.

-i burn through 8mm plug wires

-ohh, and its black, so its always dirty
Old 12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn valvetrain noise because of the Pacesetter LT's
Old 12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The clunk in the steering wheel (I should fix it, but I am being lazy). And No-Posi
Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Front diff is leaking and has covered everything from the axles, diff, belly pan, trans cover, transmission, and crossmember with diff. fluid.

Other than that Not One problem in almost 6 years.

It's slow, but what you expect from a 4x4 on 305s that weighs 6600lbs.

It's a good Daily driver now though!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

-LT's sometimes tap the passenger side frame rail (kinda fixed it by upping the idle from stock)
-still feels slow even though it's decent for a bolt-on silvy
-General Americrap tires suck
-wheel hop is a bitch, maybe the drop will fix a little bit of that
-ever since ron carter replaced two bad inner tie rods the front end has squealed under certain conditions, it drives me ****** nuts
-my super 40 series is perfect for DD, but I want something louder. I'm too cheap right now to change my exhaust b/c I want to save for other perormance mods.
i think that's about it. I'm sure I'll think of something when I get in my truck tomorrow morning haha.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
apple bottom jeans

Last summer my front left wheel bearing went to ****. So I ponied up the dough to fix it, then 3 days later it started squealing like a broke pig again. Shop I took it to says it's my fault. Because accelerating, turning and braking are all so hard on a vehicle.

After someone tried to steal my exhaust I only had one bolt for the down pipe off the headers. So now when it starts it rattles like a MF until it settles into place.

Rear defrost light is out on the dash.

Have a smashed in fog light I don't know how to remove, or find a new one. Probably going to wait until I buy a 03 front end.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Hmm, my gripe is that it's too slow and not low, lol....but seriously, Im lucky my gripes are minor.

1. I love my super 40 muffler, but I didn't put ANY pipe after the outlet so it's right under the cab and the exhaust comes up between the cab and bed and makes the plastic piece behind the seat on the back wall below the window rattle when I'm accelerating.

2. My passenger window rolls up slow just like everyone elses. However mine squeaks when you roll it up. Know why? This past summer a friend of mine was riding with me, she had been wanting to ride in my truck since I got it but we never had time until then. So, I took her for a ride, but she had been drinking and didn't feel well. So she rolled the window down and layed her head on the window sill.......soon after she puked all down the side of my truck and it got down into the sill and channels. I cleaned it out the best I could. But something sticky is still in there, not sure if it's puke or the 12 gallons of cleaner I used lol.......Maybe I just need to take the door panel off becuase no matter how much I clean it, it always comes back

Quick Reply: Whats driving you nuts with the truck?