Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Whats driving you nuts with the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No traction, 3ft key mark from a pissed off person on pass. side, and motorcycle kisses the pass side rear quarter denting the side and cracking paint....excellent, no insurance
Old 12-15-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deeper scratches and rock chips in the paint.
Exhaust leak I can't ******* fix.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

1) Broken grill in two places, dont back up at -40 with your clock heater plugged in when it is routed through your grill....

2)Exhaust rattle at idle or slow speed, traced it to my cats...again! Have chenged them twice under warranty already...

3)A million rock chips courtasy of living in the north. Jackass used black primer on my hood so chips stick out like a sore thumb(truck is yellow).

4) Both driver and passanger windows roll up slow as hell. I have to help the drivers side up sometimes!

5)My 20" wheels decided it was time for the chrome to start peeling off, they now look like ***.

6)Tranny shifts funny when I remove the hypercrap power programmer. I am afraid it is going to die, so I leave the programming installed.

7)It is covered in snow right now, parked for the winter waiting for go fast goodies it probably will not get because I just picked up a '55 3100 and it is going to take all my time(and money).
Old 12-15-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well lets see.. sounds like my 3in pipe might be loose and rattling at low RPMs at the cat... cant ever seem to find enough money out of a pay check to put some parts out right (always gotta save for 2 weeks or more and even then its something kinda cheap and I get it off here), cant ever find the piece of mind 2 pay my parents back a G for my truck... cant seem to do looks and performance at the same time. Cant seem to work enough to take care of my truck and my GF (usually Girl comes first haha) and then have some money just to have. And I hate skool... absolutely irregardless to the truck but I hate it! 12 yrs of this ******* nonsense 4 a piece of paper stamped by the state that says Im just about remedial! ****!... alright.. feels kinda good
o and Im horrible with 60e's and I have to take it easy cuz this ones used...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the typical GM squeeks and rattles, i'm **** about noise.

Edit in the last 50K miles I've done the following:

Brakes all the way around to include drums
Trans x2
Rear end C-Clip
Rear Seal on axle
Water Pump
Mirror Vibrates
Steering Shaft
CV joint is failing
Old 12-16-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a good one...my 07 Sierra NNBS comes with a block heater cord that has a built in thermostat, so you can plug it in whenever you want but it only puts power to the heater when it is -18C (about 0 f).

No big deal, put new end on the cord but guess what? If your truck has been sitting for 10 hours, it runs a diagnostic at startup and if the coolant sensor and IAT sensor are off by a certain amount it sets a code, truck goes into some kind of limp mode, fans come on full, etc. If it is -18 C or colder its ok I guess, but I like to plug my trucks in at -10 C (14 f) both for the truck engine health and better warmup time, less fuel, etc.

It looks like GM is using the thermostat to cover their butt with the cold startup software design? These new vehicles are too damn smart. PDF attached if you want to read the system description. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P0116.pdf (64.7 KB, 142 views)
Old 12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

slow windows

light burned out on climate control

tach stops working sometimes

speedo sticks at the same time tach stops working

no trans temp gauge

rear leafs squeek

steering shaft clunk

scratches in the paint where the bed caps used to be

exhaust is crooked

TOO SLOW

no money to fix or mod
Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn, shouldn't have started this thread. Now I have more things that drive me nuts and didn't know it.

Slow windows for one
Old 12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Omg what the *** isn't, hmm driver side door doesn't open from the outside, driver side window stopped working today, misc squeeks. I can't find a new bed for it and only have been looking for a baszzilion years, every day I find new scratches in it. I think the exhaust hanger has broke, oh and I am 2 months past emissions on it. Have new sport mirrors and air dam waiting to be put on. A 6.0 thats going in friday, but with a stock tranny no converter or tune, can only wait to see how bad it will drive till I get money to get it done, but am tired of seing this damn 6L on the stand. Holy christ I need to call OPRAH and get her to send me some cash or something. LOL I would do it all over again.

John

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 12-17-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Damn, shouldn't have started this thread. Now I have more things that drive me nuts and didn't know it.

Slow windows for one

I would add to my original post but will post again regarding the windows.

I'm on my 3rd set of window motors.

First set went out, replaced under warranty

Second set, went out 12 months later, replaced under warranty

Third set has been out for over 2 years. I haven't felt like throwing that money away again.

Quick Reply: Whats driving you nuts with the truck?