Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

where am i ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the end, I'm here because I like most of the people and there is alot of good info. Not because I like the new forum.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree.....for the most part. The southern section keeps me coming back to pt.net. Most of the people in there I know on a personal basis, and by the end of the year, will have met 99% of them through group gatherings,etc.

We have, however, lost the frequent use of many knowledgeable members. I don't see the old school guys getting on here and giving us the updates on their trucks. It could be that most of the big questions/concerns have been discussed pretty good in detail, so it's hard to keep coming up with more brain teasers.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I agree.....for the most part. The southern section keeps me coming back to pt.net. Most of the people in there I know on a personal basis, and by the end of the year, will have met 99% of them through group gatherings,etc.

We have, however, lost the frequent use of many knowledgeable members. I don't see the old school guys getting on here and giving us the updates on their trucks. It could be that most of the big questions/concerns have been discussed pretty good in detail, so it's hard to keep coming up with more brain teasers.
With the new flex fuel setups, ls2's, and all the big power truck aftermarket there has been over the last 2 years? When I first became a member you didnt have the best power upgrade unless you had a Whipple. Now no one buys Whipple exept cheap used. Now its forged strokers, turbo's, and the Radix. Trany's have gotten way better too. I think its just too many sections with nothing in common. There isn't much commerotery between sections. On ls1tech everyone had the LSx in common and most parts were interchangeable. Here I chat with a few guys that are fairly new to the truck game, not to mention the ford oval boys are in with us now.

Not to sure about everyone else but I feel like we had a close nit club full of chevy truck intheusiasts. Now we are thrown out of our club into a mixing pot with trucks like the Ranger and Nissan.(not titan, those trucks are fast.)
Old 01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snake Eater

Not to sure about everyone else but I feel like we had a close nit club full of chevy truck intheusiasts. Now we are thrown out of our club into a mixing pot with trucks like the Ranger and Nissan.(not titan, those trucks are fast.)
i agree with 110% it was amazing to me how close the old forum was everyone knew everyones personality it seemed.you could tell when someone was joking or someone was really pissed off which is almost impossible over the internet...i would start a thread during a quick break at work and by lunch it was a good 2 or 3 pages...i also think the heavy hitters stayed on tech because there is SO MUCH MORE knowledge overe there. our old "general truck topic" forum was booming and our truck performance section was going crazy near the end of our stay at tech. everybody was aware of eachother's project's, goals and personalities now im left wonder who the **** is who...oh well i miss those days.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lm7
golden still in chico?
Just found this thread with the search button.. (We have a search button?)

I will be back in Chico tonight. Though it kills me the lack of car culture compared to Fresno.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:39 PM
14 Second Truck Club

hey..
Old 01-19-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
why yes it is. I've never been a big fan of the change. I told them alot of people would not spend as much time surfing and hanging around. They said it was a good move and would benefit us truck guys.

Hey, where is everyone at these days? I used to see "50 users" roaming the truck lounge at any given time, but now days its more like 2-3.
I'm one of the new guys you all don't like
I found this site doing a Yahoo search when I was in the market for a radix or an sts. I'm here for the tech primarily. I'm not much on the "lounge". I just don't have time for it. I've got too much BS in my life to be BSing on here. Hell, maybe I ought to try it a little. I came on to this site right after the swap over I guess. I frequent tech about once a day. The thing I don't like about over there is if you step away for an hour you have to go to page 2 or 3 to find the topic you just posted or was following. Too fast passed for me. This site is starting to **** me off. I bought a new truck so I wouldn't have to work on my ****, now 6 months later it is blown up and I'm building a 6.0 with a pt76 turbo. I hate you guys, your a bad influence.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
I'm one of the new guys you all don't like
I found this site doing a Yahoo search when I was in the market for a radix or an sts. I'm here for the tech primarily. I'm not much on the "lounge". I just don't have time for it. I've got too much BS in my life to be BSing on here. Hell, maybe I ought to try it a little. I came on to this site right after the swap over I guess. I frequent tech about once a day. The thing I don't like about over there is if you step away for an hour you have to go to page 2 or 3 to find the topic you just posted or was following. Too fast passed for me. This site is starting to **** me off. I bought a new truck so I wouldn't have to work on my ****, now 6 months later it is blown up and I'm building a 6.0 with a pt76 turbo. I hate you guys, your a bad influence.
Quit bitching

You guys need to realize the number of people viewing those sections was from some of the car guys viewing our truck section. I argee everything is very spread out now but that i also why things "seem" to move slower cause its in many different forums now. We did lose quite a few good people from the switch where did they go? To another forum? Or just gave up the internet completely. I havent found any other forum on the internet that is as good as this one as far as performance goes.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Quit bitching

You guys need to realize the number of people viewing those sections was from some of the car guys viewing our truck section. I argee everything is very spread out now but that i also why things "seem" to move slower cause its in many different forums now. We did lose quite a few good people from the switch where did they go? To another forum? Or just gave up the internet completely. I havent found any other forum on the internet that is as good as this one as far as performance goes.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Veteran

I remember you from Tech too. I was pretty new there at that time so didn't really know anyone well.
Still don't I guess, everyone seems to be from Texas or down south on here and I'm a northern boy.

Anyway welcome back, we need more technically oriented people here to push us up to the level of LS1Tech.
We have knowlege here just not as many people as deepely rooted into modding trucks to the extent that the cars have and are being modded.