Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Where do you guys order your GM parts from?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Where do you guys order your GM parts from?

Where do you order your GM parts from?

Yesterday I placed a sorta large order through gmpartsdepartment.com.

A couple of months ago I bought some European headlights from this site and I needed a few more parts to hook them up.

(2) 15306141 Headlamp Leveling Motor Connector with pigtails
(1) 15110178 Headlamp Leveling Switch
(1) 12101822 Headlamp Leveling Switch Connector with pigtails
(1) 15040484 4 Accessory Switch Pod Housing
(3) 15734687 Accessory Housing Blank Switch Covers

Part number 15040484 was superseded by part number 15207878.

I placed an order for all of those parts plus a pocket that goes beside the gauge cluster. All said and done, around 145.00.

They sent me an email the next day that said:

Order Number: 29051482
SOME OF THE PARTS YOU HAVE ORDERED DO NOT FIT THIS VIN # AND ARE FOR EPORT ONLY. WHAT IS IT YOU NEED?
I replied with, "I need everything I ordered. I'm converting to European headlights. Thanks!"

They replied with:

Order Number: 29051482
PARTS ARE FOR EXPORT ONLY.
So I sent an email back asking if they could fulfill my order and I asked if I should take my business elsewhere. I wasn't rude.

I logged into their site and checked my order status and they cancelled my order! WTF?!?

So should I resubmit my order and omit a vin number? Or even give them a Euro vin?

VIN check for a gasoline 2001 Tahoe - TheDieselGarage.com

Where do you guys order parts from? I'm frustrated, to say the least.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just google the PN and order them from the cheapest place. Thats typically what I do, I cant remember the last place I used tho TBH.

Sounds like if your name and info came back through, w/o a vin, they still would catch it
Old 11-12-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

I've used gmpartsdirect.com before. Also, I can buy parts at my local GM dealer through my employer's business account. Alot of times, the business account price at the dealer will be equal to the gmpartsdirect.com price.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Best friend works at a GMC dealership, call in, credit card, pick up or drop off.

BUT I also work for a dealership myself, I cant get parts for anything made outside the states, GM I believe is the same way my suppliers are, For example- we had a gent bring in his Polaris snowmobile that he had picked up a few years back, he needed front swap bars,tie rod ends,and what nots, order in close to a Grand of parts, comes in,picked em up, Get a call hour later' Hey these don't fit', get the Vin and run the number, sled comes back as a Export only, and when we traced it back this thing was sold in Norway!!! shipped to Canada, and then came across the border into Mich for a few years and then my customer bought it, morale of the story, I cant get parts for it,part numbers are coded for export only.

I would have handled that E-mail a little different, been doing parts for going on 10+ years and that is not a way to handle a situation like that and sometimes we as a dealer are limited in to what we can provide to our customer's If I can help or get it I am gonna do my best to get you that part and sometimes we just cant, same way with the GM gov/military stuff the export is suppose to be just like it.

I gave him those numbers and he came up with the same issue too.

Last edited by Team Paulie; 11-12-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It just kinda pissed me off. Why the hell do they care if I have a euro vehicle or not?

Grr.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM

GM is gonna see a dealership selling export parts when they are not suppose to, Dealerships can risk fines or even losing their license for stuff like that, IF GM wanted to be a real ***** about it. I got close to tens years doing parts for Motorcycles/atvs for the top six big names in the country and I run into stuff like this every now and then, we deal with a lot of accounts over seas and they sometimes try to give me the part numbers from over there and see what I can get them at, and don't understand when I tell then it's for a euro or Asian machine ONLY and cant get it.

Same thing happens on the other side of the pond too..

Last edited by Team Paulie; 11-16-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

I like cheapgmparts.com
Old 11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

I can vouch for Team Paulie here - I'm a tech at a GM dealer and have tried ordering export parts only to find out we can't because as her said GM will not allow sales of export parts in the U.S. Now if you have a VIN for an actual export model that MAY help but GM can still ask for proof of owership by way of registration, title, cert. of import, etc. The way people are getting export parts is knowing someone on the other side of the pond. This kind of thing is HUGE with the G8 guys that come into my work ALL the time that have converted to all Monaro or even more difficult yet Vauxhall stuff. Don't get me started on dealing with that stuff when a car has been in a collision....
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM

yup trying to buy stuff to get the G8 to look like a Holden or what not, There is a black one in toledo that some guy converted a G8 over to a Holden, Car got wrecked when he was trying to show off, the Body shop here took it back to a G8, because.........they cant get export parts.

He bought all this stuff off E-bay and some dealer in South wales, God shipping on a front end had to be over 2G's alone.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Chevy Parts - GM Parts - Genuine OEM GM Parts Dealer

Quick Reply: Where do you guys order your GM parts from?