Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

white lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usarmyman
He is right, your turn signals need to be amber to be legal. But are your talking about your turn signal lights or you running lights?
im talking about both...the running lights ( ones right next to the grill ) and the ones that are supose to be amber for leagal reasons... ( ones in the middle) blinkers...

the more i thought about it today the more i was willing to keep the amber color ones....the turn signal ones! cause they do look nice when turned off and the amber color is bright when on....

im still looking for bright white 3157....ect style for the running lights. at least a set... i can have the amber ones one one side and the bright white ones on the other and see whitch ones i like better.....cause your kinda right it does look a little ricey with it all white but i dont know i might like it and maybe it wount look so ricey when its done! i dont know...i just want to buy some and see if it looks to ricey and if it doesnt i can buy another set for the other side! and it does look ricey i can use the bright white ones for the running lights.......
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

if you got the silverstars they should have a blueish tint to them and just be amber whan they are on. i have them in both my running and turn signals as i did in my other truck , ive always liked the look of them compaired to seeing the amber reflection. what kind of look are you going for? they do make bulbs with chrome lenses that still light up amber to stay legal. personally i think amber running lights look alot more bad a** then the white one do anyway. do you have clear corners for it? i have them on mine and it made a huge diffrence because they dont have the amber reflector in the corner. jmo
Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes I Have Clear Coners. I Really Wasnt Concerned With The Whole Leagal Thing I Just Wanted To Try Something Different And See If I Like It!

EDIT. DOES SILVERSTAR (SYLVANA) MAKE A 194/168 GLASS WEDGE BULB.

Last edited by joehawkz71; 09-12-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

They might make one like the 3157s but i dont think they make one like the headlights. have you looked into leds?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joehawkz71
Yes I Have Clear Coners. I Really Wasnt Concerned With The Whole Leagal Thing I Just Wanted To Try Something Different And See If I Like It!

EDIT. DOES SILVERSTAR (SYLVANA) MAKE A 194/168 GLASS WEDGE BULB.
I have seen a Silverstar 194 bulb I think; they're not very common though. Check into some LED's for the DRL's; they're clear until they light up and are bright as Hell. Check out super bright led's; they have a bunch of them.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

i just bought sylvania 3157LL and 194LL clear bulbs only to find out the corner bulbs were already clear. i bought them before i cleared the headlights so i didn't know. both were in stock at the local autozone. anyone know what the inside bulbs next to the parking lights do on the 03-07 silverados? i saw one truck with them on but i have never seen mine turn on.... they are DRL's and only on when the headlights are off? i might be wrong but i think they use 3157 bulbs too, you could probably get the bulbs from chevy. chevy uses sylvania turn signal bulbs stock.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 AM
Staging Lane

the inside bulbs are running lights as well, they should only come on when the truck is in gear. i know on my moms 07 classic you can turn them off and on with the headlight switch. i think he is looking for something with a white light because most stock bulbs have a yellowish tint.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
I have seen a Silverstar 194 bulb I think; they're not very common though. Check into some LED's for the DRL's; they're clear until they light up and are bright as Hell. Check out super bright led's; they have a bunch of them.
i will have to look into some LED's never really thought of it!

Originally Posted by s10_onbagz
i just bought sylvania 3157LL and 194LL clear bulbs only to find out the corner bulbs were already clear. i bought them before i cleared the headlights so i didn't know. both were in stock at the local autozone. anyone know what the inside bulbs next to the parking lights do on the 03-07 silverados? i saw one truck with them on but i have never seen mine turn on.... they are DRL's and only on when the headlights are off? i might be wrong but i think they use 3157 bulbs too, you could probably get the bulbs from chevy. chevy uses sylvania turn signal bulbs stock.
yea i have those bulbs in there right now and they are dull nad yellowish!