Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Who will be the next SuperPower?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who will be the next SuperPower?

Historically, Superpowers have risen and well some even disapeared. Gernany had its time in History and sodid Great Britan. The Soviet Union and U.S. had the "Cold War" goig on for about 40 something years. History tends to repeat itself and with that in mind, it is evedent, all great empires fall apart. Some take longer than other but eventualy they do. So who will be the next Superpower?
Old 12-26-2003, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Historically, Superpowers have risen and well some even disapeared. Gernany had its time in History and sodid Great Britan. The Soviet Union and U.S. had the "Cold War" goig on for about 40 something years. History tends to repeat itself and with that in mind, it is evedent, all great empires fall apart. Some take longer than other but eventualy they do. So who will be the next Superpower?
how about "Jack in the Box"?..........or what are u talking about!
Old 12-26-2003, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think that in order for someone else to be the next superpower, its gunna be a nasty war between them and the United States.

I cant really think of anyone else who could give us a run for our money, but if i had to choose I would think either several European countries (united together) or china/north Korea. Either way, I highly doubt it will happen. Its gunna take some serious ***** to take down the U.S., and I don't think anyone is capable or even up to doing it.

I love America.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Banned

the U.S. will be the SUPERPOWER for a LLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG time, just due to our simple stubbornness, and the fact that to take us down you're going to have to attack us here, and defeat us here, something that has never been done, and i personally don't think it could be done.. but if it was going to happen i think it would be the Antarticans, due to their simple mass. J/K! But i could see, maybe Korea posing a threat sometime in the future just due to their ignorance, and unwillingness to be part of what we try to do. WHY DO OTHER PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE TO TAKE OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD JUST TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT?????????? I CAN'T FREAKIN UNDERSTAND THAT. i mean my God, just be happy with your part of it and leave the rest of us the hell alone. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2003, 03:28 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Originally Posted by Slowverado
WHY DO OTHER PEOPLE THINK THEY HAVE TO TAKE OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD JUST TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT?????????? I CAN'T FREAKIN UNDERSTAND THAT. i mean my God, just be happy with your part of it and leave the rest of us the hell alone. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, why didn't the Europeans think like that when they came over to the Americas? They annihilated the native americans in north and south America (Indians, Aztecs, Incas, etc.) AND pushed their religion on them...

Now look at the U.S. going into the middle east...

(I know my post is going to get flamed).

I think we're going to just destroy ourselves altogether....do you remember the ending to the original "The Planet of the Apes"? I dunno...
Old 12-26-2003, 03:37 AM
Banned

i do agree somewhat with you chin, but as far as the middle east i don't think we're really pushing our religion on them, but "we" (our government elected officials) are trying to establish democracy over there, because they think it is the best thing for them. i personally think the best thing for them is to erect a 30' wall all around their country with a mote surrounding it filled with some sort of wicked *** acid. i just don't understand why everyone has to screw with everyone else. MY GOD!!!!!
Old 12-26-2003, 03:53 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Oh, they're building a "democracy"?? Like the one we have here in the U.S.?
Old 12-26-2003, 03:58 AM
Banned

it's there, somewhere......we just have to find it?????
Old 12-26-2003, 04:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

OK put it this way Chingon:
Lets say you see a group of guys at school and they are all against everything you stand for and are willing to do anything to take you down by any means necessary and you know this. Do you sit idle and let them bring the fight to you? Or do you go over to them and hit them before they hit you? Are you going to have Bill Clintonism where you get hit hard
(USS Cole bombing) and decide the best way to retaliate is to shoot a few missles into a couple of terrorist camps? Terrorist camps where the suicide bombers that hit the Twin Towers and the Pentagon came out of. Terrorist camps that could have been destroyed before any of that happened.
Now, I dont believe that Iraq was that great of a threat, but it gives the US a central location in the Middle East to be allied with. Lets say Iran does something stupid, guess who's next to them? Iraq...

You have to understand, Saddam Hussein is guilty of genocide = mass killings of people to exterminate/eliminate them, same thing Hilter did. Should we have not gotten involved then also? Personally, if I know someone is plotting something for me, then you better believe they are going to get hit 1st so they'll never have the opportunity to catch me slipping. Everyone who wants the U.S. to try to play nice country and friendly to all should just move to France with all those pussies. You can not just be happy in your little corner because eventually when something gets big enough, it will start to come into your corner, then you'll have to deal with it in a bigger aspect than if you were to confront it before that.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:29 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Pewter03GMC
OK put it this way Chingon:
Lets say you see a group of guys at school and they are all against everything you stand for and are willing to do anything to take you down by any means necessary and you know this. Do you sit idle and let them bring the fight to you? Or do you go over to them and hit them before they hit you? Are you going to have Bill Clintonism where you get hit hard
(USS Cole bombing) and decide the best way to retaliate is to shoot a few missles into a couple of terrorist camps? Terrorist camps where the suicide bombers that hit the Twin Towers and the Pentagon came out of. Terrorist camps that could have been destroyed before any of that happened.
Now, I dont believe that Iraq was that great of a threat, but it gives the US a central location in the Middle East to be allied with. Lets say Iran does something stupid, guess who's next to them? Iraq...
Pewter:
When did I ever say I didn't agree with the U.S. invading Iraq?

One thing you have to ask yourself though, what you "stand for" means that it is the right way? Think about it in Hitler's terms..he meant to kill all the jews and create a "perfect"(blonde hair blue eyed) race...and the U.S. was willing to do anything to take him down blah blah blah...so Hitler should've struck first and smacked everyone else who disagreed with his beliefs...

I've been in fights before and 99% of the time I hit them first and ended the fight. My dad always taught me to strike first, and I will if I feel threatened.
I agree we should've hit first like we did(again, when did I say I didn't agree?)...better us strike first than them.
My problem is the ulterior motive...aka OIL...and using this ridiculous "Operation Free Iraq" bullshit...we are protecting our interests...so what? Don't tell me we are freeing them and making it a better place for them....
The U.S. would laugh at another country who tried to invade and establish what they feel is a "better" government.

***Edit***
I don't feel like arguing over politics, it just gets me heated....

Quick Reply: Who will be the next SuperPower?