Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

wife + cam = fight for about a month

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife + cam = fight for about a month

Well had the last fight, tonight about money - me - truck parts. Going to hammer out a buget, that work for the both us. But its looking up for the truck parts and racing, she has them included for her buget ideas. So hopfully I can pan for some more money for parts. On the bad side it looks like my high performance buisness, is on the back burner. maybe I can go small, but still need r&d money though.HMMM I keep working that.

Not really a question, just want to post something.

P.S. any tips from you vets at this wife thing, even through I have married 5 years now, any Help is needed.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

No marriage experience, but sometimes I feel like we might as well be.

My fiance has finally come to terms that me doing stuff to my truck isn't going to stop. I kinda silently agreed it would slow down, but I think we are at an understanding that it isn't going to stop. I think what really made it sink in was the tranny swap and once I got it all wrapped up she asked me if I was going to leave it alone now. I replied with a one word answer. She didn't like it very much, but I wasn't going to tell her what she wanted to hear and not mean it. Of course .. that might all change when the knot is tied.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I fight with my own inner being about mods
Old 08-27-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

As long as you know how to present it, you can make it work. I ask her about things that she wants and we decide when she can get them. It is the same for my truck stuff. Sometimes I have to suddenly fix things though .
Nothing is worth losing someone you love, but that doesnt mean you should give up your other interests. Lay it out for her, but dont give her a total agenda all at once. One part at a time.
We all go through it. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Restricted User

The day my g/f tells me what I can spend MY money on, she will be out the door. If, on the other hand, she had her hand in helping me pay my mortgage, I would make some type of "schedule" as to what we each spend our money on. Make sure all the bills are paid first, then split the extra on what goes in the bank, what is spent on food and then recreational.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

about the cam she never got informed about it, my bad. But I am only one working. I got the cam for 175 plus 45 for odds and ends. aleast I got a good deal. Main reason why I bought right way. damn good deal. It was calling my name. PLus this site doesn't help at all, All I read is "I put on a new turbo today she dynoed at 10,000 rwhp, put on 250 nitrous today, iam running 11's." Under that kinda of pressure.

But thats usaully how I buy things, wait for a good deal.
greentahoe: "Sometimes I have to suddenly fix things though ."
I will have to try that sometime.
We talk some more, looking better for racing parts and such.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I read is "I put on a new turbo today she dynoed at 10,000 rwhp, put on 250 nitrous today, iam running 11's." Under that kinda of pressure.

That line made me laugh

I feel the same way.....
Old 08-27-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only do I have to hear about the money spent on mods, I also have to hear your not gonna get on that website again are you. Just finished remodeling the living room. Now I've got to gut the kitchen and redo it. That was the deal so I can get my STS kit. Then I dropped another bomb when I told her I was driving to Fla. to pick up an engine. This give and take **** is gonna kill me if it does'nt bankrupt me first. The things we do for love.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

kitchens come and go out of style, Horsepower is forever.

You will just have to have redo to kitchen in 10 years anyways.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:21 AM
10 Second Club

I've dated girls that treated my habit of working on cars and riding motorcycles as something that I would "grow out of"

Quick Reply: wife + cam = fight for about a month