Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

wind freaking noise!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wind freaking noise!!

i have some crazy wind noise in my tahoe that the dealer can't seem to figure out. so i'm here to see if any one has heard this before. its in my tahoe and at about 45 mph is when it starts. it sounds like its coming from the middle of the freaking windshield. but the dealer seems to think its comming from around the dash. they have resealed the windshield and some stuff under the hood. but its not like a air leak its more of wind rush. like this SSSSHHHHHHHHSHHHSHSHHHS noise and when the wind blows hard you have to talk loudly not yelling just loudly to one another. its driving me up the wall and they can't seem to get it. i went in friday and the said they had a silverado just come in with the same noise but not as loud. he's talking about even sending me to another dealer to try and get help. any ideas?????
Old 10-28-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roof rack, wiper blades, wiper cowl....? Maybe take off one thing at a time and see if it goes away. I dunno what else could cause the noise.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do you have the onstar antenna on top? my dad's does and its so loud that deer and cattle will turn their heads and look at the truck when going down the highway. at least he probably wont ever run into a dear
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Teching In

I have a crazy annoying wind noise around the top of my driver door when the wind is blowing. Like you I have to talk loudly to the passenger and its very annoying. I hope you get it solved, I have tried double sided tape behind the seal and everything with no help.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

do you have a bugshield?? if so take it off, I know of atleast 4people that had this problem and it was the damn bugshield.... this was some chevy's and a brandnew Ford trucks, they all had bugshields and the brand was LUND...
Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i do have onstar but it just doesn't sound like its coming from that area and i have no bug sheilds. i do have a roof rack but the noise is up front and i moved the racks all the way to the back. they tried new wipers, didn't help. i thought about trying to take off the onstar antana and see if it goes away but not sure how hard it is to take off. i also have the satalite radio but i drove a yukon with all the same stuff and it didn't sound like this thing. it literally sound like its coming from the windshield its self. but i don't know.

in fact i may just make a video of it so you all can hear it.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 4.8T
in fact i may just make a video of it so you all can hear it.
Lets hear it....
Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Teching In

I visit this site every so often for little info tips and I have the same wind noise. Mine is so loud that I have even considered selling my truck. I would love to find out what it is. It sounds like more of a whistling from the cowl area and the side mirrors?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

My truck has some wind noise aa well but mine comes from the extended cab windows.Both sides let air in and it is annoying i tell ya.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Every one of these trucks suffers from the whistling from the mirrors......ya figured GM could have caught that during testing...........

Quick Reply: wind freaking noise!!