Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

windows shatter for no reason??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windows shatter for no reason??

I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem with their trucks. I have an 02 avalanche and last week i had it sitting in the garage afer parking it fri night and everything was fine. come out sat morning and the driver's side rear window was shattered, but still in the track. no bullet holes through the garage walls, dint mow grass or anything like that, and no extreme heat, about 85 degrees out. It was in a totally encolsed garage. So i fix that window after 250 bucks. Today im driving home, again 84 degs, and my sunroof explodes in the same way. It sounded like a .22 rifle went off in side the truck. The glass broke in a million tiny shards, but stayed in frame until i got home. WTF is going on here? is there some shitty glass that wsa made and a recall i was un aware of? its starting to get expensive. Any ideas? Thanks

Chad
Old 06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
14 Second Truck Club

wow.. thats wierd... is your truck haunted?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Have you pissed off the wife?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Tribe Shaman

when i got my truck i had both the front and back glass replaced after two weeks from stress cracks showing up in the glass.
the front glass came out with no problems but the back glass shattered as soon as one of the guys started to work with it.
with a new set of seals and new glass set in right i had no more problems.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

i was driving one time and my back side window shattered.......
no idea what caused it
Old 06-19-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats crazy, I had one break but that was because of the @$$holes that were trying to get in it. Never have heard of them just shattering like that though.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

haha, nah didnt **** off the ol lady, she was with me the second time it happened. every one i have talked to has never heard of this happening before...i think it is cursed. I just put te big lift kit on it and stuff, so i would understand if i was out wheeling or something, got the frame in a bind and it broke, but this is just normal driving down a straight flat road. Its got me stumped. and broke. Any good salvage yards to call who deal with new trucks? no one locally around here has anything.

Chad
Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

****, dude... better go back to stock. That's the only way to exorcise the bad spirits.

Seriously, that's kinda wierd. Hope the new glass works out.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lifted99GMC
haha, nah didnt **** off the ol lady, she was with me the second time it happened. every one i have talked to has never heard of this happening before...i think it is cursed. I just put te big lift kit on it and stuff, so i would understand if i was out wheeling or something, got the frame in a bind and it broke, but this is just normal driving down a straight flat road. Its got me stumped. and broke. Any good salvage yards to call who deal with new trucks? no one locally around here has anything.

Chad

HMMM! But the old lady was with you the 2nd time and thats worth an investigation!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

I'll drive the avalanche with all the windows busted out before i go back to stock any recommendations on salvage yards?

Chad

Quick Reply: windows shatter for no reason??