Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Wiring ls1 efans help....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring ls1 efans help....

Im having problems wiring the ls1 efans on my truck. I've got everything hooked up and installed except the hot in run wire and the a/c wire. Looking at agreifs site pic #32 http://james.jaguar.net/agreif/fans/fans32-AC1.JPG Is that the green A/C wire I need? Oh, and where did you guys wire the hot in run wire? I was thinking about wiring to the headlights, but I dont know where to find the wire.

BTW, Im using the 3 relay schematic...http://users.adelphia.net/%7Esnakeoi...03%20relay.gif

Thanks. Laters
Old 04-02-2005, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

TTT...come on guys...someone must have done this. Help... I wanna drive my truck
Old 04-02-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinLM7
where did you guys wire the hot in run wire?
Use an ignition circuit for the 'hot in run' connection. Most of the pink wires under the fuse block are ignition wires - but test first!

The green wire in the aforementioned picture is the supply voltage. If you use this wire, it is not compatible with the schematic. If you use this wire the schematic should change to have this wire go to the 86 pins on Relay2 and Relay3. Pins 85 on these two relays will then go to ground.
Attached Thumbnails Wiring ls1 efans help....-xxx.jpg  
Old 04-02-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the green a/c wire you will be using. You don't need to tap into an ignition wire. Just have whoever programmed your truck with HPTuners to set at the desired temp you want onn/off from pin #42 on your pcm. You can get the hot wire from your battery or that red+ box close to the alt.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Battery voltage should only be used as power supply for the relays (pins 30). The only reason to use battery voltage for the relay control (pins 86) is if you want to be able to energize the relays when the truck is not running, otherwise a switched supply should be used.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snakeoiler
Use an ignition circuit for the 'hot in run' connection. Most of the pink wires under the fuse block are ignition wires - but test first!

The green wire in the aforementioned picture is the supply voltage. If you use this wire, it is not compatible with the schematic. If you use this wire the schematic should change to have this wire go to the 86 pins on Relay2 and Relay3. Pins 85 on these two relays will then go to ground.
Thanks for the help. I would like for the fans to turn on when I turn on the engine...

Here is what I've got... I need to wire the "A/C clutch compressor circuit" wire to the B2 (A/C comp supply voltage) in the picture so the efans turn on when I turn on the engine; and the "hot in run and start" wire goes to the C4 (ignition source). Is this correct...Just making sure, I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
Old 04-03-2005, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snakeoiler
Battery voltage should only be used as power supply for the relays (pins 30). The only reason to use battery voltage for the relay control (pins 86) is if you want to be able to energize the relays when the truck is not running, otherwise a switched supply should be used.
So what would happen if I wired the 86 pins to a "hot at all times" wire I would like my efans to turn on when I turn on the engine.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the help. I would like for the fans to turn on when I turn on the engine
They fans will only be able to come on when the engine is running (which is what I hope you mean). The fan circuit (PCM pin 42) and the A/C compressor clutch circuit actually tell the fans when to come on.

I need to wire the "A/C clutch compressor circuit" wire to the B2 (A/C comp supply voltage) in the picture so the efans turn on when I turn on the engine
If you use the green wire located in the B2 slot, please use this schematic and you will be fine.

the "hot in run and start" wire goes to the C4 (ignition source). Is this correct...Just making sure, I don't want to mess anything up
Yes, according the service manual, this is ignition power - you should still test it, just to make sure, I always do.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the help , but I already wired the fans using this other schematic http://users.adelphia.net/%7Esnakeoi...03%20relay.gif Where or how can I find the (Dk Grn/Wht Ckt 459) wire?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the help , but I already wired the fans using this other schematic http://users.adelphia.net/%7Esnakeoi...03%20relay.gif Where or how can I find the (Dk Grn/Wht Ckt 459) wire?
That wire (ckt 459) is actually two over from the dark green (see attachment). I just realized that the previous attachment, in post#3, was labeled incorrectly - it should read like this attachment.

Looking at the picture, that's column 4(from left), row 3(from top) - hence D3, of that connector.
Attached Thumbnails Wiring ls1 efans help....-fans32-ac1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wiring ls1 efans help....