Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default won't start!

On 2006 silverado 5.3 liter. Only 82k mileage on it. When I crank up in the morning it was fine. Even gas is 3/4 in tank. When I stop by chicken fila to pick up some breakfast for me. When I get in truck and try to crank up. It won't start. 3 times I tried. Won't do at all. So I open the hood and look at fuel rail and bleed out. It good. Then I came back and crank up. It work fine. Head up to work when I get park and turn off and wanted to see crank up work again. It won't work. It made me worry. What's wrong bwith that? Do you have any idea. Remember no engine light check at all.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did it run any different from usual? knocks, weird noises (ask a coworker), or anything else out of the ordinary?
could be your fuel pump or rack pump going out but nothing else comes to mind at this point.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay here for alittle update with new info. I was work today at welder company. When I took lunch break at noon. I went to get my truck to see if anything come up. It start great as fine. I let my coworker listen. It say smooth idle anything seem perfect. I don't know what's heck did happen to me first place this morning. At least when I tried crank up in the morning. It sounds funny. Without knock. Like no gas. But gas really on there. Things happen. I check fuel pump relay disconnect and reconnect plug. And check fuel rail have air bleed I test it bleed good. Then gave a try to crank up. Its work. Until I arrive my work and when I park. Turn off and try to crank up. It not start. Engine sounds nosie like no gas. Till on lunch break I recheck all fuses. Then crank up its fine. So drove to lunch. About 30 mintues later I crank up. It is all fine. That's so stranger happen to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:34 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a bad fuel pump. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the ignition on?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
Sounds like a bad fuel pump. Can you hear the pump prime when you turn the ignition on?
I'm pretty sure he's deaf..
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunder550

Originally Posted by AJII
have a friend listen to see if the fuel pump makes a noise when you turn the key on.
Could it be the Fuel Pressure Regulator also?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Junkie

06's don't have FPR's on the fuel rail. When you're having a no start condition, is the engine turning over at all or is it just not firing?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJII
Originally Posted by viciousknid

have a friend listen to see if the fuel pump makes a noise when you turn the key on.
Could it be the Fuel Pressure Regulator also?

I had no idea, sorry.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay here for alittle update with new info. I was work today at welder company. When I took lunch break at noon. I went to get my truck to see if anything come up. It start great as fine. I let my coworker listen. It say smooth idle anything seem perfect. I don't know what's heck did happen to me first place this morning. At least when I tried crank up in the morning. It sounds funny. Without knock. Like no gas. But gas really on there. Things happen. I check fuel pump relay disconnect and reconnect plug. And check fuel rail have air bleed I test it bleed good. Then gave a try to crank up. Its work. Until I arrive my work and when I park. Turn off and try to crank up. It not start. Engine sounds nosie like no gas. Till on lunch break I recheck all fuses. Then crank up its fine. So drove to lunch. About 30 mintues later I crank up. It is all fine. That's so stranger happen to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

My C1500 was like that when the pump was going bad. Put a guage on it next time it doesn't start and see if you have fuel pressure.

Quick Reply: won't start!