Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like the fuel pump is on the way out. you should get a tester from your auto parts store and check it out. As long as you have a chevy it is a good tool to have.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe pump check valve, can you turn ignition on give it a few seconds and then try?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid

have a friend listen to see if the fuel pump makes a noise when you turn the key on.
Could it be the Fuel Pressure Regulator also?
Thats correct, Im deaf as well. Glad some of yall still remember who i am My friend hear the fuel pump click. Its work. It fine lately. So weird. IF things happen again in future. Id like to buy some 255lph ready put in. Cuz Im do force Induction someday when things right time for me. Should I put double fuel pump with 255lph or single? Im curious how much worth $ for 255lph. Any cheaper I could find for in case? Appericate for yall help out!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phasemaster1
Maybe pump check valve, can you turn ignition on give it a few seconds and then try?
What do u mean pump check valve? Where valve are?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't know about the check valve but i think he might be talking about the schrader on the ruel rail. my truck's fuel pump makes a **** ton of noise when i start it up and mine runs fine. i honestly don't think that's any indication of a failing fuel pump. however, it does seem like yours is going out.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
i don't know about the check valve but i think he might be talking about the schrader on the ruel rail. my truck's fuel pump makes a **** ton of noise when i start it up and mine runs fine. i honestly don't think that's any indication of a failing fuel pump. however, it does seem like yours is going out.
You mean my fuel pump soon out?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
What do u mean pump check valve? Where valve are?
Its in your fuel pump it keeps fuel prime while truck is off. Mine is missing the valve so If I try to start truck right away it takes a few more seconds to start like no fuel. If I turn ignition on count to about three then try it it starts right up. I **** the first time it did it, thought pump was broken.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i say try what phasemaster said, turn the key to on, wait for a few seconds, then crank.
if that doesn't do it for you then my vote goes to a bad fuel pump.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now its happen again tonight. When I was leave from blockbuster rent movies, When I turn on my truck, its work then i shift to drive to roll then die (cutoff motor) so I shift to park and crank up. It not work at all. I open the hood. To check the fuel pump fuse and switch other fuse. It still same. I check the fuel rail to bleed some. Its work. Still wont start. I tried do crank several times. Then I waited about 5 minutes, I would try to crank up again. It finally run, I rev some to pull some more gas from fuel pump. Go straight to home. I turn off and about 20 mintues later I wanted to see if it start again. So I crank up and it work. It must be fuel pump? Why it cause? Only 82k mileage on it. Even 2006 Silverado. I never run low gas. BUT I think its happen at track couple weeks ago I ran real LOW GAS almost light on. I think it caused right? I want to know how much worth for 255lph fuel pump. Easy to install? Wonder anyone tried put twin fuel pump. Cause I ahead buy it and put in. Because someday I plan to get turbo. I not have to worry about change fuel pump in future? Let me know whats price.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow I wasnt so expect that factory fuel pump is SOOO expensive! I was curious to see how much it worth. Its between 200 to 400 dollars either Delphi and AcDelco. I hope anyone can tell me about 255lph fuel pump And is it easy job doing this?

Quick Reply: won't start!