Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, so far I been some research about 06 silverado. I decide ahead to test each coil pack, while somebody to turn each crank to see if its fire. It does fire each coil as well. It seem getting run each the coil. Must be fuel pump bad or crank sensor? I couldnt find crank sensor at? SO I crank up it run. I drive around a little bit then pull over and turn off and turn on it wont run. Id wait for few minutes and crank up again. It does run. I feel something seem not right.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
you can buy a pressure gauge to use on your schrader valve for $16 at harbor freight
That one??? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92699
Old 12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i seriously think that the fuel pump is bad. truth be told i also think that the 255 walbro would be a good investment, especially if you want to up the boost down the road. the noise that you hear when you first turn the key is the pump trying to prime. most of the trucks that i've seen make the same noise when the you first turn the key.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Location: TEXAS: h'vill, smallest, boringest town u could ever dream of

if i was u, i would go have a dinostics test ran on it, so u can pin point the exact prolbem, instead of going threw all this. if u change something big like the fuel pump, that might not even be the prolbem, then you would just lose alotta money and a lotta time and effort. it could be something very simple, or something very hard and expensive.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most likely its the fuel pump...my truck did the same thing, it was hit and miss then one day it died while driving. I upgraded my pump to a walbro 255. i got the pump from texas speed, i also have a write up on the install, its very simple. only down side is i didnt add a check valve so i have to turn the key on, wait 30-45 seconds then start it.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black'Rado
most likely its the fuel pump...my truck did the same thing, it was hit and miss then one day it died while driving. I upgraded my pump to a walbro 255. i got the pump from texas speed, i also have a write up on the install, its very simple. only down side is i didnt add a check valve so i have to turn the key on, wait 30-45 seconds then start it.
Perfect can you pm me to show how to install. Does we need new o ring for fuel pump seal on the tank? What do you mean check pressure? How much cost exactly you spent pump from texas speed? Thanks man!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey. I got news today. The shop guy I know him. He do free inspection. He took fuel pressure test it say fule pump is good presure is good 58 with key on and 62 with truck on. What I supposed to do? They say I need replace new fuel filter in tank? I never heard that before? If yes where I am find one... BUT I told them to test drive about 15 mintues then back to shop then turn off and crank up. It not run. He went test fuel pressure. It drop to 50. Then crank up again its run??

Last edited by Go5.3tt06; 12-14-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are technically two fuel filters for our trucks (so i've been told). there is a large filter to keep generally large gunk out of the fuel lines which is in the tank and i believe it's a part of the fuel pump. then you have the regular particulate filter that is bolted to the frame. if you filled up at a place that had some bad gas i suppose that large filter could be stopped up.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey
there are technically two fuel filters for our trucks (so i've been told). there is a large filter to keep generally large gunk out of the fuel lines which is in the tank and i believe it's a part of the fuel pump. then you have the regular particulate filter that is bolted to the frame. if you filled up at a place that had some bad gas i suppose that large filter could be stopped up.
Well, I really dontknow what to do. I always run 93 ontace prem gasoline. Whats heck wrong with my model 2006 new design I hate it. Must be cam sensor or crank sensor go bad. But never have engine light on. I shall give up and take it to dirty gm dealership to find out.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

why do people get all bent out of shape when something new(ish) breaks down? **** breaks dude, that's the golden rule of cars. just take it to a legit dealership and have them run a diagnostic on your fuel system. i think it's safe to say that it is the fuel system.

Quick Reply: won't start!