Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Wrecked my truck yesterday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wrecked my truck yesterday!!!

Just a mixture of going too fast and someone else going too slow. No telling how fast I was going, but I came up too fast onto another truck running about 5mph. I had a choice of either hitting the other truck or swerving to the side(it was coming into a curve), so I chose the swerve. My ABS pump has been out for years, so the brakes were locked up and threw me hard into the side of a ditch embankment sideways, then I jumped over a side road(sideways), then landed in the other ditch. It blew out both my front tires(which seem to be fixable) and put a nice size dent in the passenger side lower portion of the door. Looks like about a grand or so worth of damage. I don't know why the truck didn't flip(still trying to figure that one out), but I put my slicks on the front and drove it home. All in all a humbling experience indeed.
I will say I'm pretty scared to drive right now, because I keep remembering flying through the air, but maybe I'll get over it. I know racing isn't on the mind right now.

I'm luck because it would have completely totalled it had it rolled, but instead I just have to fix a small dent in the bottom of it. It seemed fine driving home, aside from all of the rocks falling out from under it. I might have dodged a HUGE bullet this time, but it still sucks and scared the **** out of me.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you are OK! Take it easy!!!

I still feel the same way about my Harley 2 years later.....could not get back on, so I sold it.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:52 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow man, glad to hear that you're OK, sounds like it could have been alot worse.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Sucks to hear, but way glad that you are ok man. Sounds like that one could have ended up a lot worse than it did ya know.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Damn man, Im glad you are OK. Sound like you got out of everything pretty well. Reminds me of when I get my LT1 back after the heads, cam, and blower. I spun it into a curb and newspaper machine the next day. I sold it 2 months later.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, you are lucky. Glad the truck is OK. Take it easy on the streets.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Truck addict

damn man, what the hell were you in such a hurry. you live in mayberry. everyone is in slow mo. glad your ok and the truck didn't take too bad of a beating.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad to hear your ok.Take it easy. But dont worry , your nerve and need for speed will soon overcome your fears. Ricer front slick dat ting gotda vtech init maaaan.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a close call. Glad everything is ok though. Main reason you didn't flip is probably bc the truck is so low.= Lower center of gravity. Be a lil more cautious on the road, truck is to customized and sweet looking to lose it.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

well I guess you can be called ditch bitch like me!!

glad you're ok brotha.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my truck yesterday!!!