Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Wrecked my truck yesterday!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap! Glad to hear you're okay, and that the truck is not damaged too badly.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

ya all that matters is that ur ok man, and im glad we didnt lose another bowtie, everyone around here seems to be getin into wrecks or something
Old 04-16-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I hate to hear that. Glad your ok. If you need any parts hollar at me and ill hook you up. Sounds like its just gonna be some body work though.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

that sounds like a close one, thank goodness it was so low. glad to hear your ok and the truck is repairable.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm carrying the truck to the body shop this week to see what this little f-up is going to cost me. The dent really isn't that bad, but two of my rims are scratched to hell and back and I'm also going to need a new top bumper piece because it broke one of the tabs that holds it into the bumper.

I'm going to make this into a positive thing though, because I've been wanting to get the truck back to the body shop. I'm thinking of either getting a paintable bumper cap or either just getting the ss bumper cover I've been wanting. I'm also going to take the Timeless 6s and get them powdercoated, but can't decide on a color(either a darker gray or black). I've been wanting to do it for some time, but haven't had the motivation to powdercoat a good set of wheels, which mine now are not.

People were laughing there asses off seeing the truck riding down the road with the slicks on the front. I had the whole front wheel drive/ricer slick setup going.

Funny thing all my friends are calling me the ditch bitch now.

I was kinda scared to drive the truck for all of a day or so, but when my bottle warmer showed up in the mail(thanks BigTex ), I got the bug to go fast(down the track of course) again.

I'm slinging around the idea of holding off on fixing it for a few weeks and going with a complete repaint. It would kinda be the finishing touch to what I've accomplished in the last year or so. I'm absolutely in love with the house of kolor blue blood red. I've been wanting that color for as long as I can remember, and can't seem to find a reason in the world not to finish what I've started.

I'm going to try to get some pics up tomorrow night of the truck and mainly my 4 black marks sliding across the highway, the huge trenches my tires/wheels dug as I slid sideways in the ditch, and the turnrow where there isn't a mark made as I sailed over it.

FWIW- The truck drives like normal with no shimmy/shakes, and the motor/tranny/rearend feels as tight as it did before. I couldn't imagine how much damage would have been done had I rearended that nissan or flipped out of that ditch. The harnesses worked like a charm, because I didn't move an inch during the spinning and flying through the air.