Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

yella terra's

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yella terra's

ive been reading up on these rockers for our engines and they seemed like a solid product until i searched it on here lol. all the threads of them breaking dated back to the 2010 area and im just curious if the (yella terra) fixed the problem since it seemed like they where in the process of it. id like to invest in a set when i do my cam swap for reliability but it seems like these arent the way to go.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard anything bad about them. In fact I know some people making some big power running YT's.

I bought some 1.7s. Going to be running them pretty soon.

Got mine from WS6 store. Free shipping, no taxes.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They had a a run of them with some issues, but not only did they resolve the issue, they made improvements to the rocker arm at the same time. Plus they took care of the customers as well. I have sold and used their products with great results and no issues. Their customer service is second to none. Hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like onefastgator said, they addressed and resolved their issues. They also took very good care of the people who had problems with them. I've been using them on builds for the past year or so without any problems.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

I have the older version of the rockers. do you think they would give me the redesigned rockers if i send them my rockers? i've been second guessing running these rockers because of the issues i've seen.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onefastgator
They had a a run of them with some issues, but not only did they resolve the issue, they made improvements to the rocker arm at the same time. Plus they took care of the customers as well. I have sold and used their products with great results and no issues. Their customer service is second to none. Hope this helps.
As zero2sixT said, I'd never heard anything bad about them, til now.
Then again, I wasn't in the market for em, so I didn't have my ear to the ground cause I wasn't lookin for rockers.
But if I was in the the mkt. for rockers, I always do my research b4 I buy.
To me, in no order, T&D, YT, & Jesel are names that don't ever worry me.

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I have the older version of the rockers. do you think they would give me the redesigned rockers if i send them my rockers? i've been second guessing running these rockers because of the issues i've seen.
It they're anything like Comp, when everyone on here said ditch the 918's, I called Comp, they said mine were b4 they started w/. all the issues, my batch was good, but if I wanted to for my own piece of mind, if I pd. full price to Comp, they'd ship me some new ones. After they got my old ones, they'd credir diff. I pd. between the old & new or somethin like that.
So maybe YT has a similiar process. If u were b4 that bad bad era, u likely are OK.

U could find out when the bad batch were made, & where yours fall in that. If it's only a phone call, ez pezy. Stew, it's the pc. of mind thing.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

as far as i know there were 2 YT designs....the first design worked well when a 224 cam was considered huge...then we started stepping things up and finding weak links. the first version has 7.5 stamped in the center of the rocker and the newer version has the 7.5 stamped off center.