Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

And you thought you had bad luck

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And you thought you had bad luck

Well cant do anythign about it now but might a well make it into a joke since it happened. First of all its not funny since I'm going to be walking allot the next few weeks. Here it goes. I pulled my truck out the garage and started to change my oil. Got the plug off and the filter and was letting oil drail out. Then all the sudden my stomach starts to growl and I feel a poop coming on so I go inside to use the restroom while the oil drains out. Well I go use the rest room sitting there lala lala reading a magazine. After doing my business I walk back outside and my truck is smoking and the engine is trying to run. sounds of impending doom where coming from my truck. So what happened you ask. well while I squated to crap. I must of steped on my shorts with my feet and hit the remote start on my truck (at least twice because thats how it starts). So the truck was running with no oil, no filter or drain plug. NICE VERY #$%^&^ NICE. SO when you think you have bad luck read this and think boy that poor bastard. Glad I only live 1 mile from my job.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

HOLY ****... that makes me want to NEVER put remote start on mine... thats some shitty luck right there... sorry to hear that!!!

-time for a motor swap!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OH ****! LOL no pun intended. Man, I do have bad luck, but daaaaaaaammmmmnnnn. Insurance? LOL "Hello this is Dave at State Farm Insurance, how may I help you today?" "I was taking a dump and stepped on my remote start while I was waiting for the oil to drain." UGH!

Last edited by dewmanshu; 08-22-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Notorious BIG

dude, i'm very sorry for you bad luck, but i must say, i had a good laugh at your expense. i hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:06 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn!
You sure it's burnt?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That some funny **** right there!!!! I'm sorry, that wasnt called for. But I am deffinetily tell the guys at work about this!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy stuff on tv so you don't really need oil!

maybe for next time?

Sorry to hear man that sucks
Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

I dunno how that happened...... our engines have an oil pressure switch that shuts off teh fuel pump if oil pressure falls below 7 psi. it should have cut the fuel pump off after 12 seconds...

do you know how long it was running? it may have only run a few seconds, and trust me taht will make it smoke, but it shouldnt hurt anything. if it did run longer then there is a problem in there. Unless of course the remote start is aftermarket and bypasses the oil pressure switch, but taht makes no sense at all

either way that sucks
Old 08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Thats pretty funny... sucks though... if i could draw .. i'd make this a comic ... always know where your keys are and if need be, put in a safe place where no one can mess with them... i was installing headers (i do have remote start) those keys where in the house.. away from me.. because if i turned the truck on with no exhaust manifolds installed... well that would not be good
Old 08-22-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

LMAO!!

Of all ways you could have done it, you did it with the remote start! lol Sorry to hear that man and i hope it all works out for you. I was expecting for you to say someone else was gonna drive your truck and started it not realizing you were in the middle of the oil change. Makes me reconsider remote start too! Lol

Quick Reply: And you thought you had bad luck