Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

07 GMC Denali Another TPMS Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 GMC Denali Another TPMS Question

Hi gang, long time no see. I have been searching through threads trying to make sense of a TPMS issue. My 07 Denali decided it was going to start through TPMS errors in the console and it will not read both rear sensors. I tried to do a relearn, and only my initial driver side tire, will sound the horn when detected. When I try to relearn the other tires, it will not respond to them at all. I have new TPMS' in the tires, and they still are not responding. Is there anything else I can replace? Obviously the sensors are new but, how do I troubleshoot the receiver ?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2024, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 206 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Blackerado
Hi gang, long time no see. I have been searching through threads trying to make sense of a TPMS issue. My 07 Denali decided it was going to start through TPMS errors in the console and it will not read both rear sensors. I tried to do a relearn, and only my initial driver side tire, will sound the horn when detected. When I try to relearn the other tires, it will not respond to them at all. I have new TPMS' in the tires, and they still are not responding. Is there anything else I can replace? Obviously the sensors are new but, how do I troubleshoot the receiver ?

Thanks
The receiver? You mean the transmitter? Isn't that the power window switch, or am I mixing that up with something? Maybe it's the BCM the one that communicates with the TPMS?

I bought an Autel TS408 to program the sensors on my 06 Suburban. I think it may have some function to test signals?
Old 08-30-2024, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Depending on where you got the sensors I've had more than one bad one right out of the bag even from GM.

The simplest solution for your headache is go take it to a tire shop discount tire etc pay them to replace all 4 and program em. Then when and if they fail in the future you don't have to eat dismount re mount and balance

The receiver for the TPMS is the keyless entry module receiver and since 2005 I've never had one go bad and not read sensors or some but not others so it's not your problem.
Old 09-01-2024, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 361 Posts

Go drive it a bit and see if the computer will pick them up. My after market wheels on my 24 give the sensor programmers a fit, have to set the computer to look for them and go drive it every time.
Old 09-02-2024, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What are you using to relearn the sensors? I always test the sensors with my Kent-Moore tool before I install them to make sure they are transmitting.. Sounds like the system is working if it will learn the 1st sensor. I'd lean towards dead sensors.