Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

07 nnbs sierra cc is a turd? vs 05 cc

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 nnbs sierra cc is a turd? vs 05 cc

Hey guys I'm A little confused here. I just recently bought a 07 NNBS Sierra, and this thing is a turd compared to my 05 cc. I thought that with the newer 5.3's better heads,intake, and a little fine tuning would be a tad quicker. I know that the NNBS trucks are a little heavier, but would it make that much of a difference? I know weight plays a big part in performance but dam!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any mods to the trucks? and gears makes a huge difference too. I used to get my *** spanked everytime I raced my friends single cab 4.8 nbs and then I found out he had 4.10's and it all made sense.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

No mods to the new truck yet. Mods in sig that was installed on the 05. But stock vs stock win goes to my 05.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Tune bro!!! Only thing tht seems to wake up new model trucks
Old 02-11-2012, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Well mine stock felt alot slower than my modded 02 reg cab 5.3 and rightly so because it was. Now when my crew cab was stock I outrun several xcab 05-07 classic 5.3's. They all would jump me out the hole but I would always run em down. These trucks don't feel fast at all due the factory tune but once you get them going they are pretty quick. Get a tune, converter, and gears and it will be a world of difference.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kc'skustom95
Well mine stock felt alot slower than my modded 02 reg cab 5.3 and rightly so because it was. Now when my crew cab was stock I outrun several xcab 05-07 classic 5.3's. They all would jump me out the hole but I would always run em down. These trucks don't feel fast at all due the factory tune but once you get them going they are pretty quick. Get a tune, converter, and gears and it will be a world of difference.
You may be right but i find that hard to believe. I've only had the truck for about a week. For right now I'll probably just be getting 4:30 gears and a tune. I have some other priorities at the moment, so i cant play with it to much not yet.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Launching!

i just bought my 07 nnbs and compared to my OBS 98, yes its a pooper off the line but its the lovely torque management working against our touchy right foot. my dads 97 with 210k just tapping the pedal lifts the front a wee and wants to go. the drive by wire torque management filled nnbs have sluggish response until you get it tuned. something i miss from my old truck to the new one, is the goold ol' 350 had low end tug. i could use my big toe to hit the gas just a hair, and get it up to 45 mph no issue, i tried that on the bone stock nnbs... i had to push hard and my toe didnt like it. perhaps its the nnbs that has more management and laggier throttle response that helps make it a slow take off compared to your 05 CC, but I also dont blame them for doing it, because they put a very susceptible to breakage g80 in... just my pennies for thought.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah hopefully after i get my gears i'll be getting a tune. Hope it helps.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might've just had a better running truck before, simply put. It does happen. The new trucks are also heavier, and believe it or not, the way the truck looks from the inside will fool you on how fast you're really going. My Colorado is like that compared to my Sierra. Add a few things here and there to the new one, and it'll be a world of difference if you get it all right. A tune alone will open it up tremendously. Now, the OBS trucks only had low-end, so they would seem faster but the top-end on those trucks was absolutely horrible. The 5.3 has much, much more potential and a cam/converter combo with a tune will really surprise you, I'm sure.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Yup. top end in my OBS was a joke, but getting reeree's off the line and to the next light it was a blast with low end. haha street light racing, whose gonna be first to the next red!

Quick Reply: 07 nnbs sierra cc is a turd? vs 05 cc