Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I was just looking at your guages when I realized that you're in Canada...I saw 200 on the speedo when it hit me! Great color BTW!
Yeah 200mph would be neat!! Color shows everything but thats ok....20 years ago age 17 my very first truck was a dark blue 70 GMC. Loved that thing...350, 4.10's, used to race new mustangs and camaros downtown, thing would launch HARD, course couldn't get over about 80 mph!!LOL Full circle I guess. Didn't know much at 17 but the truck made me popular... yes its a 3/4 ton but people never noticed. Brute tough too.

Did the drivers side today. It went much smoother, didn't mess with the interior handle, the mirror caps came off easily, as did the old mirror glass connectors (pass side were brutal!) Didn't have to remove mirror from truck....just pulled the new wires through the mirror housing with some lockwire. Left the sound/moisture barrier attached somewhere at all times, so went fast. Less than 2 hours start to finish, and not rushing, no point damaging anything.

Drivers side has door lock of course. Held on with one wire spring clip, found it easiest to pop clip off before handle came out, then took the rod off the lock assy once handle out (tough to get at when in door but can work through door handle opening). Clip back together on handle install.

Few more pics attached to maybe help a few guys out. As usual the really interesting stuff (disconnecting latch from panel) no pics as hands were full...note the two hooks at bottom of door panel that sit in slots in door, very helpful when assembling as takes the weight while you line up. Also note interior door handle mechanism and location of attach clips. You can really see the latch ball end cable in the one shot of the barrier. Also one closeup of panel under interior handle. Note the slot at front..these things are tight so if you come in from the top it will keep snapping back into place.

Oh yeah, and last but not least my GMC carpet floor mats...make sure you order for REG CAB, they are NOT the same as others. P/N 19155774 for Dark Titanium, even come with anchors and are molded to catch debri.

I'm done now!!
Attached Thumbnails 07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)-panel1.jpg   07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)-panel2.jpg   07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)-panel3.jpg   07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)-panel4.jpg   07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)-oldblue.jpg  

Last edited by niugnep; 05-11-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or You COULD JUST BUY A TRUCK LIKE MINE HEHE!!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xchevyx24
Or You COULD JUST BUY A TRUCK LIKE MINE HEHE!!
Yeah but its got all that extra weight behind the front doors...
Old 05-12-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats why i got a vmax
Old 05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xchevyx24
thats why i got a vmax
I need a full size (towing, hauling) but also don't need more than a reg cab. No point hauling around an extra 1000 lbs I don't need or use.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would deff have bought a reg cab if i wasnt expecting a baby prettty soon
Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well congrats are in order, for a new baby and new truck.

Question too, did you find the mods made much difference or...??
Old 06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just an heads up here, GM just issued a tech bulletin on swapping mirrors. They mentioned that "some vehicles with the DL8 mirrors may NOT have the turn signal wiring installed" and goes on to say the turn signals in the camper mirrors won't work if installed. All Reg cabs get the DL8 mirrors I believe (pwr adjust and heated). Doc #1993318

Just thought I would mention it, if anyone is interested in doing the signal mirror mod you would be wise to pull the grab handles out, lift out the switch panel and make sure you have the signal light wiring on your door harness before proceeding and/or buying parts, otherwise could become a really big project.

My truck has the trailering package and that might affect what is and isn't included.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the mirror caps and door handles? I am wanting/considering doing these mods too to mine, but can't find them. I guess I could always buy from the dealer but thats got to get expensive fast.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by niugnep
I need a full size (towing, hauling) but also don't need more than a reg cab. No point hauling around an extra 1000 lbs I don't need or use.
FWIW...I wouldnt buy a reg cab for towing. dont ask me why but the ex cabs tow waaaay better. Maybe its from the longer wheel base.

Quick Reply: 07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)