Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

07 RCSB NNBS appearance mods (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by L33Z71
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the mirror caps and door handles? I am wanting/considering doing these mods too to mine, but can't find them. I guess I could always buy from the dealer but thats got to get expensive fast.
Mirror caps from GM, they are cheap, like 55.00 a set of two. Door handles off E-bay. Usually about 50-60.00/set.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blake2kz71
FWIW...I wouldnt buy a reg cab for towing. dont ask me why but the ex cabs tow waaaay better. Maybe its from the longer wheel base.
I agree, I don't tow much though...maybe once a year and not very far, just somebodies car in town where speeds are fairly low and no crosswind kind of situations. I am however always moving people to new houses, engines, trannies, diffs, etc so full size truck is very handy. If friends come over and we want to go out we take the car.

The truck is handy, its also my daily driver. Good view of the road/traffic and I like the way they drive, yet I can also maneuver around pretty good in a RCSB. Its also sporty looking and uses less fuel (I'm averaging about 20 US MPG in town and about 23 US MPG on highway)...so its the perfect fit for me.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reviving an old thread, niugnep did you also enable the autodimming on the mirror? and how? thanx in advance
Old 05-13-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlueSS
reviving an old thread, niugnep did you also enable the autodimming on the mirror? and how? thanx in advance
I have not actually connected it but when I installed the signal mirror glass, I had the auto dimming wiring there as well. If I had been thinking a bit I would have run it out the door wiring harness boot to the cab, but I left it inside the door.

The reason I did that was I did not have the terminals yet (and wasn't sure I would even hook it up), and its my daily driver so can't leave it apart until things show up. I do now, and the cab wiring for the auto dimming glass runs right out to the backside of drivers side fuseblock. Just need to install the terminals onto the wiring (which means pull door panel again) and then put those terminals into one of the connectors you see when you pop that instrument panel fuseblock cover off (connector X4, pins A5 and B7). Hopefully this summer. I see no reason why it would not work, I have traced the wires in the diagrams right to the fuseblock.

Maybe I will take some pics and do a write-up on it but I am pretty busy these days and not sure how many guys are really interested anyway. I'll update thread once its done.

Last edited by niugnep; 05-14-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by niugnep
I have not actually connected it but when I installed the signal mirror glass, I had the auto dimming wiring there as well. If I had been thinking a bit I would have run it out the door wiring harness boot to the cab, but I left it inside the door.

The reason I did that was I did not have the terminals yet (and wasn't sure I would even hook it up), and its my daily driver so can't leave it apart until things show up. I do now, and the cab wiring for the auto dimming glass runs right out to the backside of drivers side fuseblock. Just need to install the terminals onto the wiring (which means pull door panel again) and then put those terminals into one of the connectors you see when you pop that instrument panel fuseblock cover off (connector X4, pins A5 and B7). Hopefully this summer. I see no reason why it would not work, I have traced the wires in the diagrams right to the fuseblock.

Maybe I will take some pics and do a write-up on it but I am pretty busy these days and not sure how many guys are really interested anyway. I'll update thread once its done.
hey thanx a lot a friend of mine and i are probably going to try it some time this week...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlueSS
hey thanx a lot a friend of mine and i are probably going to try it some time this week...
When you pop the panel off, the X4 connector is the uppermost forward one (if you look at sticker on the cover inside face it will say "LT Door"). Lift the lever on connector and it comes right out.

The receptacle in fuseblock has A7 and B7 molded right into it on one end, and you just count down to see where the wires need to go. B7 will be the gray wire from the mirror glass, and A5 will be the pink wire from the mirror glass. On my truck these slots on the connector are empty so just need terminals put in and connected to glass and thats it.

Wish I had an extra mirror here, could just connect it and see if it works before ripping everything apart, might be an idea if you have the mirror off. Let us know how it goes.

BTW your 60 foot is way better than mine, is that stock, tuned, modded, on a track...??
Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

My mirrors are off i'll try that today. Thanx... Those times are basically stock, only mods were AEM cai, and magnaflow single 3" in and dual 3" out...