Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Adding Power Windows and Locks to WT

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Power Windows and Locks to WT

Ok, so once upon a time i decided that power windows and locks were just something else to f*** up.. Now im kind of upset (understatement) that i didnt get a truck with them.. Plus when i go to trade my truck for anything else i get shafted because it doesnt have power windows or locks..

What i am going to attempt is to buy a set of doors from a wrecked NNBS silverado that are torn all to hell and strip the guts from them and place in my truck. (in theory i think it will work)

Now my question is this.. Does anyone know what all is involved in the logic for these trucks to make the windows and such work?

I haven't been able to look within the doors of a power door equipped truck to know if there is a door module or if the logic is within the BCM or what.

Anyone on here a guru
Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Gotta find a truck with all of the necessary parts including the bcm// I also think the dash harness will have to be changed but I'm not entirely sure. I'd have to look at a stripper truck to know for sure.

Both doors from a donor are necessary due to all the little expensive parts including door panels
Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is what i presumed..

I will look at the truck as they disassemble it and see what all will be necessary, hopefully i can get all the needed pieces and do the wiring for myself, i have all the necessary tools to make additions to the harness and the BCM plug if it is needed.

I work with "advanced vehicle electronics" including high voltage stuff all day, and have an extensive knowledge of the necessary precautions and wiring ability. I do not however have any of the body wiring diagrams that would be needed to do the wiring..

Anyone have access to these kinds of documents?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your a smart fella so I know it can be done but be prepared for a hell of a battle. You will need a BCM and window control module, both programmed to to work together with your truck. The power option door panels may not be available in a matching color to your dash and the door lock actuators on these trucks are constantly going out.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome..

Always good to know that they still make a product that lasts..

I plan to grab the entire door off of the truck.. along with the BCM.

I presume that i can have the BCM flashed at the Stealership?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Probably but it was hard to get a straight answer when I asked.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have all the diagrams on all data and gm tis. But you have to actually be able to look at the truck and it's connectors to determine if your dash harness will work or not.

You will have to flash the bcm and all other modules to the vin of the donor truck for all of the functions to work correctly. Or get all necessary modules from the donor and plug and go. If you still have the stock radio it will have to be flashed to the donor vin for it to function. If your truck has stock xm the tuner will lock up once the vin is flashed to the donor vin.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok so if i get the modules, radio and everything from the Donor it should all work? Sound logical or no?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:17 PM
cam
TECH Addict

Im sure its been done. Theres a LOT of info on these kinds of mods in the forums over at gm-trucks dot com

This site is more performance oriented whereas GM-trucks is more the spot to find info on adding steering wheel controls, power windows etc etc its a valuable resource for potential recalls as well
Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

here is a easy step by step video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXU43-Jgeo

Quick Reply: Adding Power Windows and Locks to WT