here is a easy step by step video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXU43-Jgeo
Ah, the possum van..

Very Classic.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going tomorrow to look at doors that were on truck during "severe rollover"

I hope the panels and guts are still good thats all i care to see..

all the "severe....." means to me is CHEAP

Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So i went to the yard, pulled the doors apart and got the regulators, switches, harnesses, and some misc stuff as well. the panels were junk so i still need panels, i do have all the other stuff now though..

I just need some wiring diagrams so that i know how to wire all this stuff up. Im going to remove the harness from where it plugs into the fuse block and wire up a weatherpack or deutsch connector..

Truck had BIOHAZARD stickers all over it and when i asked why and if it were safe to take the doors off they said "that just meens someone bled in it"

Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need part numbers for grey SLE and LT door panels with power windows and locks and nothing else. I cannot find them on the gmpartsdirect website.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

do you need the whole door and an assembly? or just the regulators panels?

ive been kicking around the idea of power windows
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The regulator is seperate from the window guide track..

From what i can tell the regulator will bolt right into the door.. and work like a champ

I am going to try and find some door panels and start repairing the harnesses where the JAWS OF LIFE removed them from the doors..

the wires are color coded so it should not be too big of a deal.

I then need a wiring diagram for the power window system in a single cab..

Im not going to fool with the power mirror crap. so it will be a bit more simple..
Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So i am digging around and think i may have found that some of these trucks came with door lock and power windows that communicate with the BCM thru a slow speed single wire can.. and some of them do not.

Some of them are more of a "hard wired system if you will..

I have the ones which use the BCM i think, i need to go home and do some more digging, thanks to GOOGLE i found a full electronic wiring diagram for my truck. I am going to compare the wiring i have in the harness i have to the wiring that i see on the diagrams.

Seems that GM decided to make EVERYTHING more difficult than necessary.

I do however think i am going to be able to have auto down functions..

Which will be nice
Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So i got to work on my harnesses today.. Seemed pretty daunting until i dug into some schematics.. Seems i have all the window stuff figured out.. No just need to do the same for the locks..

What i will end up with is the new harnesses, as well as the existing harness to the locks.. I intend on getting the locks working prior to final assembly but i have bench tested the windows and it all works flawlessly.

The locks work through the BCM so i need to see what is involved in pinning the correct terminals to it and getting it flashed.

I also plan to add keyless at the same time..

Just as a note to anyone who wants to do this on their truck:

The door lock switches actually are supposed to talk to the BCM to work as well.. I did however do some digging and found that the BCM only supplies an enable signal (12v) after the VSS system determines it is safe to do so..

So to bypass this i merely seperated this wire from the rest (which i did anyway because i have readily modified this harness) and wired this to key power..

Thus keeping me from having to modify the BCM yet..

Perhaps i can do the power locks tomorrow..
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

could you share with me or us exactly what you did for the windows. or even just your resources. ive got power locks and want to do power windows
Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I started all of this with my GMC W/T..

Found a truck which was rolled in a local salvage yard and went to tear it down.

Originally i was going to take the entire door off and just switch everything, however the doors had been cut off so that wouldnt work.

What i ended up with were two harnesses, regulators, two sets of switches and the brackets necessary to go from WT to SLE door panels.

I am still in need of SLE door panels, lots of local yards have them for 150 a set.

The harnesses are now customized, it seems that no matter if it is a reg cab or a crew they all have wiring provisions within the doors for a crew cab, some of it isnt used. I removed all eroneous wiring, soldered both backlights and all the ground and power feeds together and now have only 9 wires in the driver door harness and 8 in the pass.

I plan not to use the factory connector on the dash due to the fact that they are not pinned and i am not willing to change the dash harness..

The door locks must send the unlock and lock signal to the bcm which in turn does the actual lock and unlocking..

I have all i need to do the power windows now, just working on the power locks..

NOTE: there are two types of power window systems on these trucks, some with and some without door modules. I lucked out and got the ones which are without, this is what you need to make this work..

Quick Reply: Adding Power Windows and Locks to WT