Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Adding Power Windows and Locks to WT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i hit a milestone today, i think my truck is wired for power locks, there are several pins inside the door connector that do not have wires on them

Schino is supposed to let me see some pics of the connector on his truck and that should give me the location of the wires i need to add..

Hopefully this will all fall into place now!!

I know for a fact the power windows are good to go.. I have them in already

I just really want power locks too..

Wish me luck as far as i can tell this is uncharted territory,
Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

please take pics and show us what wires, pins .... ect ...... that you did to add this feature!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pics sent of my power lock but no power windows truck. Maybe we can compile pics of manual, some power and full power
Old 02-22-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As ive stated i have the power windows figured out using the stock switches, modified harness, and stock regulators..

The Power Locks thing is driving me nuts though..

Just cannot figure it out. Need a total system diagram and GM is so damn vague in their operation description that it is impossible..

If anyone can dig up some better info on the power lock system on a TRUCK with NO DOOR MODULES please feel free to PM this information over..
Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

pics not help any? what do you mean by door modules? i know my truck does not have any box or anything in the door. the harness just comes through the body connector into the door.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schino
pics not help any? what do you mean by door modules? i know my truck does not have any box or anything in the door. the harness just comes through the body connector into the door.
The pics were of great help, they were what i needed to see, however the pins which were there in the plug didnt have corresponding wires to the BCM.. I am going to have to bypass that plug and go straight to the BCM with the wires from the switch and then go from the BCM to the door latches as well...

Lot of work for something so simple..

EDIT: Also the door modules are the switches that are one huge piece made together containing the power window, locks, rear window lockout, power mirror and heated seat switches.. Seems to me that the single cab trucks do not have this (thank God)
Old 02-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Smile

Some of this info may help you .... I changed my 09 Sierra SLE Reg cab from the hard wired power windows and locks with the DL8 mirrors over too the Data bus system to get the DL3 power folding mirrors with the signals to fully function , heat , auto dimming , folding , and the turn signals . Its not all that bad its just getting all the right correct hardware to make it happen. First step was getting the new GM wire harness from a 2010 that had the data bus system , new data bus window switches that correctly matched the door trim level of my truck, and the mirrors. The harnesses where about $130 new for both, got the door switches from Schram auto on Ebay $75 for the pair. Got the mirrors on craigslist for $200. My truck was supposed to be just for the hardwired system in the trucks but the new harnesses connected right into each end of the dash and all the connectors in the door with the new harnesses connected right up except for 2 wires that are for a side curtain air bag which mine didn't have. From there it was all in the programming of the bcm , some functions will work right after the change but most won't till the programming is done(tech II and TIS web) , and if you have a reg cab its a little more difficult to trick it to work .
If you have the hardwired switches you may just need a fuse to liven up a fuse for the the new harness not the bcm ?
I have all the old hardwired harnesses and switches if your interested ...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish it were that straight forward, my truck (being a W/T) has absolutely no provisions for anything.. I am having to do all of this from scratch..

Thats interesting and im glad it worked out for you...

Wish i hadnt been such a tight *** and got power accessories when i got the truck..
Old 02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Are you 100 % sure that both door harnesses will not plug into the ends of the dash ? On the drivers side end of the dash with the fuse box and same area on the passenger side .... If you where closer you could plug my harness in and add the fuse and see what happens without even taking the doors apart just add the harness to the boxes and hook the power regulator up outside of the door on the floor ...
Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Several of the wires which are contained within the door harnesses that i have do not have corresponding pins in this junction block.. Also the pins which are there and arent currently being used have no corresponding wires within the dash harness..

I have checked this many times. I may be able to pin the BCM with the wires for the lock and unlock buttons but i cannot find the correct pins...

Guess i will have to go to a JY and cut off some of the plugs just to salvage the pins..

Most of the JYs around here dismantle their trucks as soon as they get them.. So not too many of them would like me hacking plugs off of a perfectly good harnes..

Quick Reply: Adding Power Windows and Locks to WT