GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Adjustable 3/6 - 4/7 Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable 3/6 - 4/7 Drop?

I'm hoping there's a way I can do this.

I know I can get 2" drop spindles with adjustable struts so that I can get an adjustable 3" to 4" drop up front. But I was wondering what I could do in the rear. I've never had a flip kit so I don't know much about them. I've been looking around and I see there's 6" flip kits and 7" flip kits. I was wondering if there's a way I can get an adjustable 6" to 7" drop, and be able to change it back when I want. Idk if I could do a 6" flip kit and add shackles that'll drop it another inch or get a 7" flip kit and add a shackle that'll raise it an inch.......I need help

Thanks guys in advanced for the help....
Old 05-08-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you get spindles, belltech struts, and the djm 5" flip kit you can adjust anywhere from a 1-4.5" drop to a 4-6"

here's everything u need

Belltech spindles: 2509
Belltech shocks: 2210FF. (5-6" drop... Others hights will
be different shock part numbers
Belltech struts: 25003
Djm 5" flip kit: RK25075
Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Launching!

"If i had all the money I've ever spent on my trucks.... I'd spend it on my truck"

now thats funny as ****
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

for the front you can also do the mcg coil relocator, which is cheaper than the struts and gets you 1 or 2" drop.

All flip kits are 6" , the reason you see 7", is because these NNBS trucks have the block in the rear, once that is removed you gain another 1"-1.25" of drop for your rear. You would need to get some airshocks or helper bags to lift it up a bit.

or lift hangers to adjust from 4-5 inches in rear

you can also do leaf springs and lowering shackles
Old 05-11-2010, 01:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

oww so the flip kits still use that block? that makes it easier for me to decide then
i could just remove the block when I want to get a 7" drop

i have gf lowering leaf springs and gf drop shackles already
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
oww so the flip kits still use that block? that makes it easier for me to decide then
i could just remove the block when I want to get a 7" drop

i have gf lowering leaf springs and gf drop shackles already
no, you remove it because you have to. That will get you 7"

if you add the block once the axle is flipped, you will go 8" drop.

if you have GF leafs, y ou should be a 4" / 5" already, depending if you remove the block.

Adding the shackles and set to 2", you should be able to get 6" or 7"

so really you don't need a flip kit, unless you just don't like the ride or want to tow.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Owwww, you see I have no idea how these flip kits work until I get my hands on one.

I really liked how it would sit in the rear once I took off the block from the lowering springs, but I put it back because the front would sit to high. Ill probably take the block off again and just do the front for now, and if I dont like it Ill probably get a flip kit.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Yup, technically if you have the Ground Force setup then you have the capabillity to get 7" with leafs and shackles and removing block. or you can leave block out and set shackles to 1" and get 6", or put stock shackles in and leave block and go 4" or take block out and get 5"

so your rear can go from 4-7" really

the front?

what do you have now?

if you don't have anything get , 2" spindles, either ground force or if not the new MCG's and the MCG's coil relocator. that way you can go 3" to 4" by adjusting the coil relocator.

this is a 4/7 on 22x10 wheels

Old 05-11-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have 2" GF lowering coils up front. I was planning on going with stock coils, GF spindles and Belltech adjustable struts. That way I have alot of choices on what drop I want, from 1" drop to 4", though ill probably stick to 3" mostly.

To be honest with you I dont even think the GF leafsprings are for a 4" drop, more like 3". It's probably 4" when you remove the block.

Since I would be adding 3" more drop (2" for the GF shackle, and 1" for the block) To the GF leafsprings, should I change out the original GF shocks for some newer shocks for the lower drop?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FrankyRST
I have 2" GF lowering coils up front. I was planning on going with stock coils, GF spindles and Belltech adjustable struts. That way I have alot of choices on what drop I want, from 1" drop to 4", though ill probably stick to 3" mostly.

To be honest with you I dont even think the GF leafsprings are for a 4" drop, more like 3". It's probably 4" when you remove the block.

Since I would be adding 3" more drop (2" for the GF shackle, and 1" for the block) To the GF leafsprings, should I change out the original GF shocks for some newer shocks for the lower drop?
well the spindles aren't adjustable, so even if you decide to go higher, you'll be stuck with 2" from the spindles. the GF coils are pretty solid, i'd keep them if you want to save money. the struts are nice, but the coil relocator is cheaper and does the same thing. HOwever, i'm not sure the coil relocator works well with smaller coils, i believe it's for stock ones only.

and yes you will need different shocks for the rear, they ones that come with that leaf spring kit are meant for up to 5"

Quick Reply: Adjustable 3/6 - 4/7 Drop?