Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Any 6.2 before and after LT header install 1/4 times?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8UALIVE
Amazon. Its under 07-09 6.2! I called pacesetter and they said they would match up! Bolt pattern matches and everything. Someone on here already has this set-up! I don't remember who tho! Headers and y-pipe shipped to the door was 450 I think! And I believe they are a lil cheaper now!
I have this setup and hate it. The headers are fine. They fit. They have one spot that is around 1/2 inch from the frame. The Y pipe is the problem. Good luck getting it on. I went ahead and welded my Y pipe solid because it would literally NEVER seal. Also on the drivers side the trans crossmember is in the way and makes it damn near impossible to put the Y pipe on after the headers are on. I suggest mating it up before bolting the headers down. The o2 bung won't work and you'll have to weld another one it. It hits the front driveshaft. These aren't so bad when they're on a 4 speed truck, but the 6 speed is just not working with them. I'll be having ball and socket's welded on mine soon and having a much different Y made. I can take pictures for anyone interested. Just let me know.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I should take pictures of what 2 year old PS headers(coated) in Alaska look like, and show them to you Andy. That might change your mind.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
I have this setup and hate it. The headers are fine. They fit. They have one spot that is around 1/2 inch from the frame. The Y pipe is the problem. Good luck getting it on. I went ahead and welded my Y pipe solid because it would literally NEVER seal. Also on the drivers side the trans crossmember is in the way and makes it damn near impossible to put the Y pipe on after the headers are on. I suggest mating it up before bolting the headers down. The o2 bung won't work and you'll have to weld another one it. It hits the front driveshaft. These aren't so bad when they're on a 4 speed truck, but the 6 speed is just not working with them. I'll be having ball and socket's welded on mine soon and having a much different Y made. I can take pictures for anyone interested. Just let me know.
Well im pretty sure ur problem with the ORY is that ur 4x4.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Now are these $355 headers ceramic coated or just painted and ruat out in 6 months? If $355 coated ill give em a try!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06 4.8
Now are these $355 headers ceramic coated or just painted and ruat out in 6 months? If $355 coated ill give em a try!!!
They are coated. The painted ones are cheaper.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
I should take pictures of what 2 year old PS headers(coated) in Alaska look like, and show them to you Andy. That might change your mind.
Usually you get what you pay for and I am usually a brand ***** but figured it was at least worth looking into.

I just have to much **** I am trying to pay off and also feed my addiction.. right now it's not working in my favor like I want it to....soon though......
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Well im pretty sure ur problem with the ORY is that ur 4x4.
Like I said before. The problem with the Y pipe is the 6 speed tranny. If you would like pictures, I can get them.

EDIT: Here you go. This crossmember is on 2wds too. There is nothing about this that has to do with 4x4 other than the o2 bung, which I posted a picture of how I fixed that. Don't mind the fact that my Y is beat to ****. I had to do this to get it OFF after having the headers bolted up.

o2 Sensor will work with 2wds.

on 4x4s, you have to do something like this.

And this is the clearance spot and my headers after three years. Dirty, but no rust.

Last edited by pl4yboy; 09-12-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Well i do apolagize.lol I guess ill be getting the PS's and getting a shop to fab me up a ORY. Those look good after 3 yrs!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Take lots of pics, really interested to see how they work out for you. I am usually the guy that has to buy the best of the best but for $355 that is damn tempting compared to the price tag on ARH.

What you doing for the Y pipe?
I am that guy too, and I will not penny pinch on headers period, I mean these are 40k dollar trucks why would I want to put the cheap stuff on it? I want the bigger primary's( 1 7/8) and I want them to still look good after a few years so I'll drop the extra coin on the ARH's
Old 09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned

Well i do apolagize.lol I guess ill be getting the PS's and getting a shop to fab me up a ORY. Those look good after 3 yrs!
I didn't mean to sound like a dick. I've just fought these for so long... then seeing other people debate it really irks me. Like I was saying though. These will work just fine on a 2wd or a 4x4 with a 4l60e. To be honest, next year these will be coming off in exchange for some Kooks or ARH's. The 1 3/4 primary isn't going to flow what I need it to. Until then, these will be getting ball and sockets and a new Y pipe made that merges further back.

Quick Reply: Any 6.2 before and after LT header install 1/4 times?