Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Any reason not to special order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any reason not to special order?

I have been looking at trucks for a month or two and can't find exactly what I want. I'm picky, and I figure if I'm buying something new that's my right. I am planning on going tomorrow again and if they can't find what I want, ordering one. I have always heard you don't get as good of a deal that way but every truck I have found thats close to what I want has had extras that drive the price up anyway. The only other thing is waiting for 2-3 months, but I have an extra car so that's not a big deal. What's your opinions?

Oh, might as well list what I have to have, not negotiable.
Black or the metallic black
Rcsb
4x4
5.3/6l80e
WT (easier to paint match and cheaper)
Power Windows/locks
Dark cloth interior
Carpet
Cd/mp3 player

And I want the g80, but I can deal with a one legger until I throw a tru trac in.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 AM
TECH Veteran

No reason that I can see not to order, other than the wait. The other thing is that you are subject to the rebates available when the truck arrives. Might be good rebates when you order, but not so much when it shows.

Ordering you usually can get invoice price or very close to it, plus the rebates at the time and you can get what you want.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Yeah, i forgot about the rebates.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did that for the same reasons. As for rebates, they were locked in at the time of deposit. The rebates weren't as good when the truck arrived so for me, I know that as fact from my experience.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by operatorfailure
I have been looking at trucks for a month or two and can't find exactly what I want. I'm picky, and I figure if I'm buying something new that's my right. I am planning on going tomorrow again and if they can't find what I want, ordering one. I have always heard you don't get as good of a deal that way but every truck I have found thats close to what I want has had extras that drive the price up anyway. The only other thing is waiting for 2-3 months, but I have an extra car so that's not a big deal. What's your opinions?

Oh, might as well list what I have to have, not negotiable.
Black or the metallic black
Rcsb
4x4
5.3/6l80e
WT (easier to paint match and cheaper)
Power Windows/locks
Dark cloth interior
Carpet
Cd/mp3 player

And I want the g80, but I can deal with a one legger until I throw a tru trac in.
I believe your better off finding one that's been sitting on the lot that way they are more apt to cut you a deal. When i bought my truck it has way more options on it than i wanted, however since it was on their lot for 4months they offered me a price which was 11K off sticker. I did most of my shopping online since the internet sales dept has to have super low prices online to compete with everyone else. Start a chat with a sales guy on a local dealers website and tell them what options you have to have and let them put a list together of what they have and their prices and go from there.

Also when you buy your truck use Ally's financing to get best rebates then go to your credit union or bank and refi for a lower payment. ALWAYS go for max rebates then refinance when you leave.

Also are you only looking at Chevy? Why not check chevy and GMC to open your options.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also i believe the g80 is a forced option with the 5.3L now.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

DO your own locate,go on the chevy site start on locate and when chat window comes down then have run the truck you want and color and a couple basic things you want ,give them your zip code and how many miles away you will go,i would do up to 500mi.

Ive been keeping track of the excab NHT trucks within a 500mi radias for my dad,works slick

this link may or maynot get you to the chat window

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/vehic...nt=100&vpage=1

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 02-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

so smooth! Just like Keith Stone!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
Hahahaha!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra

"Hold my stones"

Keith Stone
Attached Thumbnails Any reason not to special order?-541284759573keithstone%5B1%5D.jpg  

Quick Reply: Any reason not to special order?