Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

anybody been back to dealer after programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody been back to dealer after programmer?

ok i kno everybody hates the hand-held programmers around here but im wondering if anybody has had one on and then took it off and went back for warranty work? im just wondering if im gona have any problems? its all stock except for the diablo, its said when put back to stock they cant prove it or tell so anybody with any REAL experience on this?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
The House is Rockin'

from what i have heard, is that they go to the back of your truck and do a tread check on your tires. if there's less than 15% tread left, then they know you have been using a programmer. because your truck will haul keister! with one.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

don't know how much they can fiqure out but they can see the pcm has been changed if
they have a reason to look.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

if its a drive train or engine problem, before they do any warranty work, the dealer takes a snapshot with the tech II and sends it to gm where they can supposedly tell what and when the calibrations were changed in the truck thus voiding the warranty. Hope that helps. I have no real experience but that is what i have been told by a few locals here.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated. If it has to do with the engine or drivetrain they will check the PCM and see if it has been tuned before.
Some will even do it for cats.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:28 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

STOP!

Long ago I made the mistake of NOT RETURNING the STOCK PROGRAM before going to the dealership. They flashed an update and when I went to make an adjustment with my HPP3 my PCM fried....cost me a shitload of $ because this place didn't exist back then
Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
STOP!

Long ago I made the mistake of NOT RETURNING the STOCK PROGRAM before going to the dealership. They flashed an update and when I went to make an adjustment with my HPP3 my PCM fried....cost me a shitload of $ because this place didn't exist back then
This noob had a handheld
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

ok well if they do take a snapshot which i figured they would anyway bc its my tranny.. its not leaking on the ground or not running right but its got fluid around the case and starter like its slingn it around from the converter.. my hand held has no tcm control and ive talked to dozens of ppl and half say your good and other half say your no so idk... and if they hand held puts it back to stock and its said it doesnt leave a footprint.. then wont the snapshot look like the original?? jw guys im freakn out my 2009 year old truck is messed up!!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, either way you go, sounds like you going to pay for it. If you DON'T bring it in, YOU are going to pay to fix it and if you DO bring it in and the warranty is void, YOU still have to pay to fix it. Put it back stock and hope for the best when you bring it in.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Where's the Beef?

Warranty would only be void on Drivetrain/engine. Everything else would still be in tact.

Quick Reply: anybody been back to dealer after programmer?