Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

anybody been back to dealer after programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just put it back to stock you will be ok... my friend has an 08 cc and his tranny took a dump on him.. he took it in with tune, pulley, and headers and they warrantied it lol..
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I brought mine in for a bad alternator, and I had proof it was bad. Ran a test with a buddy's charging system tester, and brought the printout from the test showing high voltage on the alternator. Even WITH proof, the dealership didn't warranty it. Since their test showed all ok, they did nothing. It's a hit or miss with them... Sometimes it's simpler just to do the work yourself, even if it's extensive work.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO, if diablosport said it would leave no footprint in the pcm and the dealer voids your warranty, then they are responsible for fixing it.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

well from my experience, dealers are very delicate about doing anything to your truck. A week after I got my truck I took it back so they could check something out and they freaked out because I had a K&N on it. They guy said leave now and Ill act as if I never saw that, so I dont have to void your warranty. WTF?

to the OP. My buddy took his truck because it was acting up and he had the superchips programer. They took the superchips off and they took it to the dealer, and they knew they had been messing with it so they didnt want to fix it. My cousin also took his truck after he blew the tranny while it was on the dyno. They set everything back to stock and took it to the dealer, and they some how found out it had been tuned, so he got his warranty voided too.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they can't void your warranty over a K&N. lol. that guy was retarded.

Warranty / mod threads are all over this forum in a search so I'll just leave it at that.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Your best bet is to just be honest with them before they start the work, It does wonders! Never be a dick either. This is coming from a GM service writer
Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I told him that the K&N couldn't void my warranty too but hey he's the one in charge so I just shut my mouth and left before he changed his mind and voided my warranty too.

I would say to try and find a guy at the dealer who wont trip about it having a programmer before and shoot him a couple dollars....thats what I've been doing lately.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to the op, dont worry about it to much cause my 07 vmax nnbs has been through 3 trans within the 1year (i know wat everyone wants to say but these new trans are **** and i paid alot of money for a fast truck so thats exactly wat i do in it), but anyways i have a nelson custom tune on it through every re-build and they never said a word, and truthfully its obvious my truck isnt stock. So good luck man
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

it really depends what dealer you take it too and the people that work there.
Ive noticed that some dealers are really strict about doing things to your truck while some dealers just look the other way and just fix your truck with being ********.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

well i talked to my buddy and hes friends with a guy at a dealer and he said as long as its not on there they cant really tell unless a guy from outa state goes in with a laptop and really researches it, he said dont worry bout it... so either way its still half a dozen in one and half a dozen in the other, guess its just time to gamble!! thanks for all the help hopefully they wont give me grief considering i kno the 6 speeds have been havn trouble anyway here lately

Quick Reply: anybody been back to dealer after programmer?