GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 bright teal
Once you have driven around and warmed up the fluid it should go away though
It only does it on my way to work, with the exception today, it did it on the way home. It only does it when the trans temps are low (135 or lower that Ive noticed) still with less than 5k miles, the transmission slipping isnt a very comforting feeling. These transmissions SUCK. GM needs to contract Vince to start building them
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same **** going on in my new truck Matt. I bought an 07 GMC CC Z71 w/5.3 and the trans slips every time I put my foot in it from the first day I got it. I never got to test drive it when I bought it cause I picked it up late one night and my dad drove it home. It was brought in from another dealership. I had duplesis check it out and they didn't know what it was. Said I'd have to leave it with them a few days. The way I look at it, I got 5 years and 100k miles.... Let it eat!! I don't cut it no slack.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3
I have the same **** going on in my new truck Matt. I bought an 07 GMC CC Z71 w/5.3 and the trans slips every time I put my foot in it from the first day I got it. I never got to test drive it when I bought it cause I picked it up late one night and my dad drove it home. It was brought in from another dealership. I had duplesis check it out and they didn't know what it was. Said I'd have to leave it with them a few days. The way I look at it, I got 5 years and 100k miles.... Let it eat!! I don't cut it no slack.

Thats the way I see it. When I realized I had a 100k mile warranty, I figured Id get at least 3 transmissions out of them