Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Cal-speed headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan6_0
Ive got a set of 2wd 1 7/8 headers from calspeed, and only issue i had was a little rub on the fitment. But you get what you pay for. Im not disappointed though..
What truck do you have? 6spd or 4 spd? Also when u say a little rub, will u specify where and how bad?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
I will have to find the picture again but Roger had a couple pics of a set of Cal speed headers and what the winter and road salt did to them up here
Regarding having ANY type of problems lasting winter etc, ive never seen a set that showed any wear from the elements. Ours havent even been out more than 7 months at most so I think itll be awhile before we see what they look like after a couple years of use.

Also they are high quality stainless just like a ARH or Kooks material and will not rust or have any type of longterm issue. Ive seen alot of sets after alot of longterm use and they look great still.

Also: Just put 1-7/8" on a NNBS with 6-spd in the shop today headers fit great with tons of clearance everywhere. Lots of other stuff to finish on the truck but will post up pics tomorrow after finish install y-pipe etc to confirm they are an excellent fit

Last edited by CalSpeedPerformance; 06-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Ripe old age of 29..

And thinking about it I think you are exactly right. After my second post I questioned if it was Calspeed or Pacesetters..

My bad.. got a little mixed up.
Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
Regarding having ANY type of problems lasting winter etc, ive never seen a set that showed any wear from the elements. Ours havent even been out more than 7 months at most so I think itll be awhile before we see what they look like after a couple years of use.

Also they are high quality stainless just like a ARH or Kooks material and will not rust or have any type of longterm issue. Ive seen alot of sets after alot of longterm use and they look great still.

Also: Just put 1-7/8" on a NNBS with 6-spd in the shop today headers fit great with tons of clearance everywhere. Lots of other stuff to finish on the truck but will post up pics tomorrow after finish install y-pipe etc to confirm they are an excellent fit
see above. made a mix up, sorry about that
Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

2wd or 4wd?
your headers are stainless?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I'm in for info now. Well-priced stainless headers made to fit a 6L80E 4x4 6.2 definitely get my attention.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

In for info on final installation!!! Will be purchasing a set if the ORY fits the 6spds with no issues!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes his headers are stainless...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

On the 6-spd transmissions - we finished the y-pipe installation today (we were swapping a 08 truck from a 4l60e to 6-spd auto conversion and installed our 1-7/8" longtubes at same time).

The crossover pipe coming from the driver side going under the rear of the tranny pan is too close to the transmission pan. We had to cut the pipe, reangle it down slightly and weld back together. Added about 30 minutes to the install.

Final answer is our headers do not fit 6-spd transmissions without modification to the y-pipe.

On any of our headers: 2WD only on any NNBS 07+ truck/suv. Not able to make fit on 4WD/AWD even with modification like you can on 99-06 style.

Our 1-3/4" already fit all 2WD applications perfectly

We just revised our 1-7/8 - we now have more additional clearance for steering shaft and additional clearance on the passenger side frame rail (we have a few people state one tube was touching the frame rail, they installed a new motor mount and had a 1/8" clearance. Now there should be another 1/4" additional clearance on both steering shaft and frame rail so people wont have to worry if their old/worn motor mount cause the motor to sit even slightly lower than new.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

On the 6-spd transmissions - we finished the y-pipe installation today (we were swapping a 08 truck from a 4l60e to 6-spd auto conversion and installed our 1-7/8" longtubes at same time).

The crossover pipe coming from the driver side going under the rear of the tranny pan is too close to the transmission pan. We had to cut the pipe, reangle it down slightly and weld back together. Added about 30 minutes to the install.

Final answer is our headers do not fit 6-spd transmissions without modification to the y-pipe.

On any of our headers: 2WD only on any NNBS 07+ truck/suv. Not able to make fit on 4WD/AWD even with modification like you can on 99-06 style.

Our 1-3/4" already fit all 2WD applications perfectly

We just revised our 1-7/8 - we now have more additional clearance for steering shaft and additional clearance on the passenger side frame rail (we have a few people state one tube was touching the frame rail, they installed a new motor mount and had a 1/8" clearance. Now there should be another 1/4" additional clearance on both steering shaft and frame rail so people wont have to worry if their old/worn motor mount cause the motor to sit even slightly lower than new.
Will there be a revised version of the y pipe to fit the 6spd transmissions?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We want 6-speed/4x4 fitment. There are many of us driving 4wd 6-speed trucks because we use it for more than playing (or the type of playing we do necessitates 4x4 ) and there are also many who capitalize on four-wheel-drive for its launch advantages. Why do you not support this particular market? A budget stainless header for my 6.2 6-speed 4x4 would be a nice mod to have available, and I know I am not alone. Many of us on here with 6.2s opted for the 4x4, and we all have the 6-speed.

Quick Reply: Cal-speed headers