Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Cal-speed headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
We want 6-speed/4x4 fitment. There are many of us driving 4wd 6-speed trucks because we use it for more than playing (or the type of playing we do necessitates 4x4 ) and there are also many who capitalize on four-wheel-drive for its launch advantages. Why do you not support this particular market? A budget stainless header for my 6.2 6-speed 4x4 would be a nice mod to have available, and I know I am not alone. Many of us on here with 6.2s opted for the 4x4, and we all have the 6-speed.

While my truck didnt come witha 6 speed it will here shortly so I need some too

Youre leaving a big group of us out by not making a set that fit the NNBS 4wd guys.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
We want 6-speed/4x4 fitment. There are many of us driving 4wd 6-speed trucks because we use it for more than playing (or the type of playing we do necessitates 4x4 ) and there are also many who capitalize on four-wheel-drive for its launch advantages. Why do you not support this particular market? A budget stainless header for my 6.2 6-speed 4x4 would be a nice mod to have available, and I know I am not alone. Many of us on here with 6.2s opted for the 4x4, and we all have the 6-speed.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

this guy just did a 4x4 Cal speed install as well

4x4 Cal Speed Header install soon - Page 2

I know there is a **** ton of bashing going on with CSP, and I could care less. Just providing more info for those who want it, rather than making assumptions!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Teching In

I would purchase a set right now for my 09 Sierra 2wd but there is so much going around about fitment issues that is holding me back. I guess I'll just wait for the Texas Speed LTs..
Old 06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

***All of our 1-7/8" are now the newer "revised" which have increased clearance and no fitment problems even with higher mileage vehicles with sagging motor mounts etc, also another 1/2" clearance to the steering shaft so its not close***
Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by texasglock23
this guy just did a 4x4 Cal speed install as well

4x4 Cal Speed Header install soon - Page 2

I know there is a **** ton of bashing going on with CSP, and I could care less. Just providing more info for those who want it, rather than making assumptions!
Did you even read this thread? Are you on their payroll? Im so tired of hearing about your CSP headers. This thread is not only about 1-7/8 headers but also on a NNBS truck. Your link is for a NBS truck that ahd 1-3/4 headers put on it.
Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
***All of our 1-7/8" are now the newer "revised" which have increased clearance and no fitment problems even with higher mileage vehicles with sagging motor mounts etc, also another 1/2" clearance to the steering shaft so its not close***
Im guessing they still dont fit 4x4 trucks?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for finally,admitting there was a problem with your headers, every time me and my friend called for help you said we where the only ones having issues with them.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could u post pictures of the modifications you had to do to the y pipe so I can show my local shop what would have to be modified
Old 06-27-2012, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Did you even read this thread? Are you on their payroll? Im so tired of hearing about your CSP headers. This thread is not only about 1-7/8 headers but also on a NNBS truck. Your link is for a NBS truck that ahd 1-3/4 headers put on it.

Im guessing they still dont fit 4x4 trucks?
um, there are also people in here saying that nbs 4x4 had problems, which some did, some didn't...if this thread was 100% on topic I would have stayed on it as well. But let's face it, no thread ever does, and I am only trying to show people other's results. Dont be ******* hateful just because I am trying to clear **** up.

I could give a **** what company people use, but I'm satisfied with my headers, especially for the price. I have also seen threads bashing LPP for 4x4 headers NOT working, while most claim they will.

My apologies, I will stay on topic, so that no one gets butt hurt!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 06 4.8
Could u post pictures of the modifications you had to do to the y pipe so I can show my local shop what would have to be modified

Y-pipe was not modified as they have not had any fitment problems on any 2WD trucks. 1-7/8" Header tube on pass side was tucked higher and tighter to avoid any frame contact on a old/worn motor mount truck/suv and drivers side was brought in tighter for additional clearance (which would likely solve fitment issue with any 4x4 steering shaft, BUT 4x4's still may have front driveshaft or diff yoke clearance interference requiring some clearancing. Our 1-3/4" have always been a perfect fit on 2WD's so we did no changes there.

We are going to be releasing a 4x4 specific header that will hopefully fit both NBS and NNBS 4x4's. Right now our 2wd headers have no chance at all to fit a 4x4 NNBS with the diff mount directly in the way.

Quick Reply: Cal-speed headers