Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Calspeed 1 7/8" Headers 4X4 issues NNBS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Calspeed 1 7/8" Headers 4X4 issues NNBS

So I got my new headers for my 4x4 truck today...

I figured I would start with the easy side and installed the Passanger side first. It went in pretty easy, had to dent one primary in a little bit to clear the frame rail.

So then I moved on to the drivers side... What a F*&^ing nightmare!!!!

I already had the front driveshaft out, so I unbolted the steering shaft and slid the headers down from the top. The collector hit the front diff yoke so I took the front diff out temporarily so I could install the header... Then I tried to install the header again and It still didn't fit!!!! It hit the damn mount that is welded to the frame!!! I was planning on removing the front diff for the summer anyways so I wasnt that worried until it hit the frame...

I ended up getting completely pissed off because I already modified the passanger side. I ENDED UP TORCHING THE MOUNT OFF THE FRAME for the header to fit the drivers side and it would finally would bolt up the the head.
Then after all that I go to put the spark plugs back in and the spark plug wires hit the primaries on the drivers side so now I need to look for new plug wires!! Then I go to install the O2 Sensors and I realized that the passange side is pointed directly at the frame rail and there is not enough room for the sensor to clear...

I gave up for the night and decided to drink my sorrows away for now... back at it tomorrow

But first and foremost I wanted to let everyone know that THESE HEADERS WILL NOT WORK ON NNBS 4WD TRUCKS!!!!! I contacted Jim at Calspeed and he updated the website.

Other than that if you have a 2wd truck these headers are absolutely awesome quality!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

I bought the 1 7/8 headers didnt try to put them on yet,SO UR TELLING ME DONT EVEN TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I thought they were gona be closer than that i dont mind a ding here and there but not tourching on my truck...MINES A 4X4HOPE HE TAKES THEM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

In the NNBS trucks have a different mounting location than those of the older trucks. This is where the issue arrises!!! I will try and take pictures of it tomorrow. Like I said before, Jim already has changed the description of the headers on their website. It also states that returns are not allowed due to
damage for trying to install on vehicles not listed under their application list.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

MINE are new never tried to install them yet
Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Then you shouldnt have a problem returning them then!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-issue-497437/

Even though it's on an '07 Classic, there are still complaints on 4WD fitment. Cal-Speed, LPP, same design it seems. You do know that if you bought the headers under the advertised impression that they would fit a 4WD, you can get your money back, even if Cal-Speed denies you your money? That's a legal issue, and you can get that solved.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

My 1 3/4 cal speed headers needed alot of love (heat & BFH) on the driver side. Steering shaft hit, front drive shaft... yeah... Other then that passenger side header went super smooth. Y pipe is close but went right in. If the just designed the drivers side header a hair different it woulda went real smooth. About 2 hours from driving on the lift and off the lift. Also removed a rear passenger sider manifold bolt, we left the drivers side, doesn't leak, and new ngk plugs.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

mine are still in the bags will call him tomorrow wish they would of worked looked real nice...
Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam guys that truly sucks sry to hear that they looks like a good producted but not for 4x4 or nnbs
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

ALL boxed up ready to go out,NOW WHATS A GUY DO.Any suggestions on 1 7/8 headers for my supercharged max!!!

Quick Reply: Calspeed 1 7/8" Headers 4X4 issues NNBS