Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More than welcome! Thank YOU!!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Beau, those catch cans look awesome and i need one, Can you PM a price please? Thankyou.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Beau,

I'm not planning on any more mods but headers and CAI, with a tune. Would it be wise for me to get one for my truck?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

All these trucks suck oil, esp if you're pulling vapour from the valve covers. Stick a shop towel into the intake manifold and wipe around when you put the CAI on and see how clean it is. Even stock engines can benefit from eliminating oil ingestion.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Preston you are correct about any engine benefitting from eliminating the oil in the intake. I installed this Mike Norris can I got from Beau @ Skoggin Dicky couple of days ago (pic included). It came with brass fittings that I didn't care for too much, but black paint cured that ! Will look at it at the next oil change in 3K miles. I also cleaned out the intake as far as I could go anyway. Couldn't get past the hole about two thirds the way in. BTW The hole? Is this just to keep the air velocity up in intakes on these engines?
Attached Thumbnails Catch Cans Again-_mg_0005.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Preston129
For the guy that asked about where to put it, it goes between the intake manifold and the dirty side of the PCV. On stock trucks the dirty side PCV is the port on the driver side valve cover. Just follow that line and cut where appropriate.
I haven't looked at my own truck, but in pictures am I correct that I have seen this port at the back of the driver side valve cover?

Originally Posted by Preston129
The line going into the middle of the can is the dirty side from the driver side valve cover, an the other line goes to the intake manifold. There's a petcock on the bottom of it to let you drain it.
Where at on the intake manifold? Does it connect in the same location as the stock PCV system? If so, it would make much more sense once I popped my engine cover and looked around.

Originally Posted by Beau@SDPC
We have the Mike Norris Motorsports Catch Cans in stock. Call or PM for pricing!
Looks like I may pick one of these up from you!

Originally Posted by RacinRust
I installed this Mike Norris can I got from Beau @ Skoggin Dicky couple of days ago (pic included). It came with brass fittings that I didn't care for too much, but black paint cured that!
Clean install! I like that mounting spot.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slammedsilvy
I haven't looked at my own truck, but in pictures am I correct that I have seen this port at the back of the driver side valve cover?
Yes, that's the port

Where at on the intake manifold? Does it connect in the same location as the stock PCV system? If so, it would make much more sense once I popped my engine cover and looked around.
It goes right into the top middle of the intake manifold. Pull the cover off and it'll be pretty obvious. See the diagram below, just follow the line from the back of the driver side valve cover up to the intake:

Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet! Thanks!

Referencing post # 18 in this thread https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...2/#post4482445 , it lists replacing the factory PVC valve with a Ford motor Company unit for a factory supercharged Thunderbird, catch can between the driver side valve cover and intake manifold, removing the passenger side fresh air hose, capping it and the throttle body nipple, and finally a breather equipped oil fill cap.

Are you guys doing anything on that side of the engine? Thoughts?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Ordered a Elite Engineering catch can Friday. Ill post up install pics when it comes in.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Sweet! Thanks!

Referencing post # 18 in this thread https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...2/#post4482445 , it lists replacing the factory PVC valve with a Ford motor Company unit for a factory supercharged Thunderbird, catch can between the driver side valve cover and intake manifold, removing the passenger side fresh air hose, capping it and the throttle body nipple, and finally a breather equipped oil fill cap.

Are you guys doing anything on that side of the engine? Thoughts?
I'd like to hear some opinions on this as well....

Quick Reply: Catch Cans Again