Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Changing up the nitrous setup a little...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing up the nitrous setup a little...

I wanted to go ahead and post pictures of this and get the thread started. The new part is sitting at home and I'll have install pictures on Friday. Ryan @ Nitrous Express really hooked me up here.

I want to start off by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the setup I have now. I'm currently running a Nitrous Outlet 92mm two stage plate. The truck TB isn't that big and I really have no need for a second stage. I plan on hitting this thing with 200 or less, and all at one time. IF anything else changes, it'll just be going to an electronic WOT switch instead of the current button setup.

Anyway, I was talking to Ryan and he convinced me that a 90mm single stage that they just developed for the L92 intake/TB would work better for me. It's going to be able to be mounted upright on this intake instead of upside down like the LS3 plate is. The MAIN reason for my swap is easier jet changes. It's going to completely take away the stealth setup I have at this particular moment, but that's OKAY. I don't pop my hood to anyone anyway. It's a cammed 6.2l on spray... everyone knows that and I have no problem admitting it to anyone. I'm still slow after all.

Here it is as it sits.

As you can see, right now it's super stealth. Tech even missed it at the track. Friday I'll install the new plate and give you guys some new pictures.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Banned

As expected, the quality of this piece is just outstanding and if it wasn't for me being a little selfish and wanting things to stay hidden, it would have been absolutely perfect. Everyone has been asking why the switch, and hopefully this will give some insight. One of the main reasons is the ability to spray a 400 shot on a single stage.

For starters, the plate I have from Nitrous Outlet claims to be a 92mm, but when you compare it to Nitrous Express's 90mm... It's actually has a smaller diameter. As you can see, the NX plate on top is larger!

Now, the Nitrous Express is slightly thicker and more bulky. You can see that it is quite a bit thicker.

Nitrous Outlet Plate:

Nitrous Express Plate:

Not a big deal for me. It really doesn't make a difference at all. As far as bolting up the plate, I'm using my own hardware that was left over from the previous plate, just because I always have a 10mm with me and it's a little easier on me. This is just personal preference... no reason why you can't use NX hardware. The only snag I've run into is the fact that I wanted my lines on the drivers side of the intake. If the lines were swapped to the passenger side (just remove the plugs and swap the bungs to the other side), you wouldn't have this issue. The fuel line was touching a tab on the intake when the fitting was turned. Quick dremel work fixed that.

Before:

After:

Overall, I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with this setup. I love how the plate fits the truck intake! What I love even more is that I'm the first person to own one. It's still pretty stealthy when the engine cover is on too.

And what you're all really wanting to know... do I notice a difference?

YES. This plate hits much harder than my previous plate. With my old plate being mounted upside down, it would create a small stutter until everything evened out. With this plate, I hit the button and we're off the to races. Overall, hands down, a much better product both in design and function. Thanks Ryan @ Nitrous Express.

Here's some more pictures.

Last edited by pl4yboy; 12-19-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

Old 12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

And I had the Christen my new tool box with the NX sticker.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nitrous Express Plate review! - LS1TECH

Incase you missed it.

Justin Casey, I would Like an apology - LS1TECH
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Talk about being thrown under the bus!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Banned

What I loved about that thread is that it was closed before I could post pictures of my entire kit. They drug out an old for sale thread with some JUNK solenoids and **** that I was using and claimed I was still using them. Its cool. I could care less. I didn't buy the plate through them, but a very very close personal friend of mine did and I bought it from him. I like how me posting my changes suddenly turned into a pissing contest. It was never meant to be that way and he kept on and kept on.

The best part about all this is, if he thinks he's hurting me by dragging my name out and slandering me across the internet, it shows how childish he really is. Does he think its going to ruin me? Its the ******* internet. Get over it.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
What I loved about that thread is that it was closed before I could post pictures of my entire kit. They drug out an old for sale thread with some JUNK solenoids and **** that I was using and claimed I was still using them. Its cool. I could care less. I didn't buy the plate through them, but a very very close personal friend of mine did and I bought it from him. I like how me posting my changes suddenly turned into a pissing contest. It was never meant to be that way and he kept on and kept on.

The best part about all this is, if he thinks he's hurting me by dragging my name out and slandering me across the internet, it shows how childish he really is. Does he think its going to ruin me? Its the ******* internet. Get over it.
You didn't want to post pictures of the entire kit or you would have. You outright lied over and over in that thread. It's impossible to slander someone with telling the truth. It's simply called the truth.

You should have left Nitrous Outlet out of the thread and simply made it about the NX plate they gave you to promote for them.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
You didn't want to post pictures of the entire kit or you would have. You outright lied over and over in that thread. It's impossible to slander someone with telling the truth. It's simply called the truth.

You should have left Nitrous Outlet out of the thread and simply made it about the NX plate they gave you to promote for them.
I was only posting changes I had made, sorry. I did change from NO to NX. Next time I'll ask you first.

There were no lies. I said the plate stuttered the way I had it upside down. I said the plate was claimed to be a 92mm. I understand you sticking up for your *** buddy, but this was never meant to be a thread like that.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
I was only posting changes I had made, sorry. I did change from NO to NX. Next time I'll ask you first.

There were no lies. I said the plate stuttered the way I had it upside down. I said the plate was claimed to be a 92mm. I understand you sticking up for your *** buddy, but this was never meant to be a thread like that.
Could you compile one simple mature post? How hard could that be?

You made the thread what it was by lying and you are still lying. Just tell the truth buddy.

Quick Reply: Changing up the nitrous setup a little...