Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

differences in Sierra and Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by niugnep
I looked it up, it was the cracked conch restaurant actually....no matter, entire island was excellent and I envy you living there (deep snow and about -20 C here for last month!). We were all over tha place though, it could be the south roads I remember, looked to be front yards of a sort.

Assume your truck is LH drive? I wonder if GM even makes RH drive trucks??? Had great fun learning to drive RH roads down there in our rental...you would have laughed (who knows maybe you cussed me out at one time!!LOL)
Oh, OK, The Cracked Conch was actually rebuilt but in an entirely different location. It was a frigid 78 degrees down here today. Must have been some kind of Cold Front passing through!!
Funny thing is that I've gotten so used to driving a left hand vehicle on the left lane down here that I can't stand driving a RH drive. If it weren't for the friggin British, we would have either LH lanes or RH drive vehicles!!! And lots of other **** for that matter!

On topic with this thread - I forgot to add that the Sierra (at least my Denali) seems to ride much smoother than the '07-up Silverado - according to a friend who's ridden in both - so I'm wondering if there's any difference in the suspension?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CI DENALI
On topic with this thread - I forgot to add that the Sierra (at least my Denali) seems to ride much smoother than the '07-up Silverado - according to a friend who's ridden in both - so I'm wondering if there's any difference in the suspension?
I would think the Denali is tuned a bit softer (comfort). There are several different suspension packages but I'm sure all the parts are the same. My truck has the P60/Z60 20" wheels and the trailering package. I have driven a Silverado rental truck which was smoother than mine so I think it would just depend on how the truck is optioned out.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a question about the tailgate, but has anyone else actually measured the beds and/or tailgates. I know the skins are different. Heard that the tailgates were different width also. just a small difference. Can anyone confirm this? I dont want to go around the dealerships with tape measure. Or another strangers truck for that matter.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

I saw your tailgate...what happened?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good question. wife seen it before i did. I think someone might have got jealous or just being an idiot. it put a pretty big gash in it. thinking about reskinning it. with grant kustoms skin. relocating handle and such
Old 01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Teching In

yah, differnce in the shape of the fenderflares silverados are sharper, sierras are round/smoother. and i personally like the headlight look of the sierra then the crying eyes of the silverados. anybody who would like to challenge the theory of faster sierra v. silverado plz feel free to pst. i havent updated yet, but i have an 08 CC Sierra.

ps i still have my baby '99