Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Do you have a 07-08 Sierra Denali w/6.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well.... wow lol. to answer your question:

YES the serria denali will be perfect for you. and, seeing as you live in ALASKA maybe you have other reasons than drag racing for needing AWD.... like, uh, snow and ice??

the drivetrain on that truck is strong, and would have no problem what so ever holding full bolt ons, let alone a few psi of boost. but due to the weight and all, 13s would prob take a little more than a few bolt ons. i can tell you tho, if your in a dodge.... you will be more than overjoyed in that thing. ive owned both and... i never want to sit in a dodge again
Old 08-26-2008, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kelleyperformance
well.... wow lol. to answer your question:

YES the serria denali will be perfect for you. and, seeing as you live in ALASKA maybe you have other reasons than drag racing for needing AWD.... like, uh, snow and ice??

the drivetrain on that truck is strong, and would have no problem what so ever holding full bolt ons, let alone a few psi of boost. but due to the weight and all, 13s would prob take a little more than a few bolt ons. i can tell you tho, if your in a dodge.... you will be more than overjoyed in that thing. ive owned both and... i never want to sit in a dodge again
How much to think it would need to break into the 13s, I got my 04 quad cab shortbed 4x4 to 14.57 with just an intake, superchips, and a cutout on 20s.

How is the tuning market for this things? Like do you buy a tuner with canned tunes, or does a company email you a tune based on data logs from a wideband?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

you can do either... mail order or handheld. custom tunes are the best tho, when someone brings their laptop out and does it perfect. with a custom tune, long tube headers, cold air intake, and cat-back... you should be damn near close to high 13s no prob. if that doesnt work, just throw a cam in. its not a hard install, any tech or aquainted person could knock it out in a few hours
Old 08-26-2008, 05:49 PM

much out there for cam choices?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
hey sonny,the secret is in the sauce....................
your nuts.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

there are lots of cams... any cam that fits an LS (LS1, LS2, etc etc) fits fine. there are a few out there that apparently have been working great on the 6.2s
Old 08-27-2008, 01:02 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Engine mods are not the problem with the 6.2L. However some mods will require you to lose the VVT aspect of it so just be cognizant of that.
Also...13's on that truck is not a problem at all. There's a member that broke into the 13's with a tune, LT's an CAI. They are very powerful trucks right out of the box.
And most all engine mods will work with the 6.2L.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 PM

what mods would cause you to have to lose VVT.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickd907
what mods would cause you to have to lose VVT.
cam but i think you can do a cam swap now and keep it and everyone tune's it out anyway's
Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BADD *** VHO
cam but i think you can do a cam swap now and keep it and everyone tune's it out anyway's
Ask member "jetman" on here. He builds motors for a living and was talking with him today and he mentioned that some builds he's worked on has caused him to have to lose the VVT of the engine. Cam is one for sure, heads maybe...he could tell you more than I could.
But 13's are VERY easy to reach without having to do H/C so I wouldn't even sweat it.

Quick Reply: Do you have a 07-08 Sierra Denali w/6.2