Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

dyno max vt cat back feeler

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno max vt cat back feeler

just bought a 2010 rcsb with a 4.8 been searching exhaust sound clips on you tube. was wondering if any body here has the dynomax vt cat back system or have rode in a pickup with this set up?... im curious how it sounded in the cab while cruising down the road if it was quiet or not? im looking for a set up that isnt annoying while criusing down the road but will be heard when the skinny gets nailed to the floor...i know i cant have the best of both worlds but close would be good... i used to have a dynomax cross over under my 88 chevy rcsb with long tubes no cat 2.5 true duals and it was great sounding all the way round even pulling the trailer... any input would be great..
Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

anybody?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Doesn't seem like anyone has used it.
Good idea in theory, only thing I would question is how durable the internal flap and spring and brackets are, unless it's stainless it is not likely to hold up well.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

I have the muffler only. It's pretty quiet...a compromise but I HATE drone. I had the AFM turned off because I didn't like the sound in v4 mode.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
Doesn't seem like anyone has used it.
Good idea in theory, only thing I would question is how durable the internal flap and spring and brackets are, unless it's stainless it is not likely to hold up well.
yah thats what i thought bout the flap too..and yah good in theory i know the other dynomax setup i had it got quieter as i moved it from the rcsb,to a rclb, and finaly to an eclb. all pickups had the same eng size, headers, and muffler on back setup. i just changed the length between the collector to the inlet. so im kinda thinking that the vt set up on my new rcsb will be louder than say one thats on a ccsb. idk havent seen any video clips of a set up on a rcsb just ecsb's. dynomax dont even offer a vt cat back set up for the rcsb but they do for the long box version. i just thought id cut the long version down to fit..

yah i hear ya on the afm. im lucky ive got the wt 4.8 model and it dont have afm

thanks guys..

kinda wish i could get my hands on the exhaust joint behind the cat then i would build my own from there back... i dont wana destroy the factory setup yet.. in case i need to put it back on..
Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

I'm not worried about the valve, Dynomax gives a lifetime warranty and they made good on it with some of the early VT mufflers that had an issue with a rattle. I'm thinking they're confident that it's fixed because that kind of bad pr would kill a product line in a heartbeat. IF it were to go bad, then you'd be out the time and expense of having it removed and the warranty unit installed which for me would be a saturday morning and about $40 at the muffler shop. No biggie.

They are a glasspack muffler so if you were so inclined you could cut it open and remove the fiber packing.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Leevon
I'm not worried about the valve, Dynomax gives a lifetime warranty and they made good on it with some of the early VT mufflers that had an issue with a rattle. I'm thinking they're confident that it's fixed because that kind of bad pr would kill a product line in a heartbeat. IF it were to go bad, then you'd be out the time and expense of having it removed and the warranty unit installed which for me would be a saturday morning and about $40 at the muffler shop. No biggie.

They are a glasspack muffler so if you were so inclined you could cut it open and remove the fiber packing.
that is true that i could cut it open and remove sum but that would defeat the idea of being quiet at cruising speed, but i know i cant have both with out installing cut outs. guess if the valve did go bad if i had the kit all id have to do is drop it out and swtch it.. thank for the info leevon.. have you hooked yours to a trailer since you did the vt muffler? how was the noise in the cab when on a steady pull goin down the road ? did the valve act like it opened up or was it stil quiet?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a dynomax VT on my truck. Heres some clips.

Dynomax vt muffler silverado - YouTube

Dynomax vt silverado rev - YouTube

Dynomax vt silverado wot - YouTube
Old 01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

thanks red04 i will have to listen to them when i get bACK home friday IM STUCK IN A HOTEL FOR SERVICE SCHOOL WITH A LOBBY COMPUTER WITH NO SPEAKERS AND THE DAMN CAPS LOCK JUST CAME ON AND WONT FUKN TURN OFF LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO THEM CLIPS....
Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KIFER88
thanks red04 i will have to listen to them when i get bACK home friday IM STUCK IN A HOTEL FOR SERVICE SCHOOL WITH A LOBBY COMPUTER WITH NO SPEAKERS AND THE DAMN CAPS LOCK JUST CAME ON AND WONT FUKN TURN OFF LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO THEM CLIPS....
No problem. Im very happy with it. Mine is alittle louder do to how short my system is. Muffler sits under the cab

Quick Reply: dyno max vt cat back feeler