Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Finally going to tuner after 6L80E swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Finally going to tuner after 6L80E swap

Finally after one thing after another after another i get to go to E.P.S Engine Power Systems for tuning .. after swapping my busted 4L60E for the 6L80E i have had too many f'n delays for every other reason that cud possibly happen financially and then actually NOT getting the damm truck pulled to Geoff at EPS (which i have had to cancel an appointment with him 2 weeks ago cause of trailer issues) i am actually getting it there today...

Over a month or more ago i had the swap done with only a few minor delays that iamkeniff helped me through ... many thanks to him for bearing through my stupidity at times his thread on this swap is awesome if werent for my misunderstanding as what to repin on the harness
He got me through that without a hitch and i only fried my MAF thank goodness .... any how after gettin the trans installed and having Goeff throw in a 5.3 6spd auto tune into my ECM the damm thing would not shift .. it only went in reverse and 1st ... after calling him he says once i get the whole truck to him he can then get the TCM and ECM communicating properly.. i have total faith in him since this isnt his first rodeo with the swap and tuning of it... well in a cple hours i will be heading to Baton Rouge with the Sierra in tow .. wish me luck ..(may even through it on his dyno while im there...its only $100 more to see what the ol 5.3 got lol) ..

Last edited by BIGDADDY1969; 04-17-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 AM
TECH Regular

Cool

Worked all night and going to suck it up n stay up today to get this done... i am taking vacation tonight from work so i can sleep lol ... be the first night i sleep in a long time .. work straight permanent nights .... i may be a tad delirious at the end of the day LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Cool

Like a kid for xmas eve .. sitting here watching the time not move fast enuff lol .. ready to get this thing rolling again
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let is know how it goes. Gettin ready to swap a 6l90 in mine soon.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:13 AM
TECH Regular

Cool

Will do .. bout to load up now
Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Looks like this is going to be an expensive lesson to be learned .. Seems as though the 08 ECM will not communicate with the '11 TCM in the trans (donor 6L80E is out a '11 Silvy)... We dont kno if i shud get a older trans that will communicate with the 08 Operating system in the ECM or what? Stumped at this point .. But he is workinv on it..
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Maybe get an olderTCM?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man I hope my 08 6l90 will work on my 07
Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by RS/SS 4.8
Oh man I hope my 08 6l90 will work on my 07
The 08 shud work fine with the 07.. everything is the same once u get the proper flash and tune .. and actually after all is checked at dealer today with mine when i left tuner its determined i have a junk tranny ..its busted.. tech at the dealer says its commanding gears and wants to shift but its acting like it doesnt have the oil pressure to do so .. he toyed with a laptop then the tech2 (if thats what u call it )and its reading and communicating from what he sees .. at the end of the day he says he bets if the 2011 tranny i have gets new tcm in it that it should shift into all gears ... it was commanding park neutral and low but not up shift command so he thinks the tcm is done .. .. when in drive it commanded low then toggled back n forth to nuetral signal then low then neutral and park making the tranny stop pulling.... he then concluded that the tcm is shot as well as the pump not keeping up pressure ..Its the best explaination of what he was saying if i remember it all correctly... i watched both Geoff at EPS and Jeff at dealership show me what it was doing ontheir laptops and was identical... also it was showing 2 internal failures codes he said so his recommendation was to replace it but if the warrantee chooses to fix it he wants to see it again and try again lol... dealer tech spent 2 hrs back and forth and only charge $108 im in touch with the place that sold me tranny with a warrantee and relayed the techs info to them and said they will file the claim first thing in the morning.. the wait begins again..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Cool

That $108 fee also included a reflash of the ECM for a VIN with a 6 spd...it started up and still shifted exactly how it was as i mentioned above.. the same VIN that Geoff at EPS used..

Quick Reply: Finally going to tuner after 6L80E swap