Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

GM tech or guru please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Please observe...these are STOCK fuel settings for a GMT900.

I don't get why people continue to take shots in the dark trying to diagnose **** after someone explains it... Don't touch the fuel system, its not broken and buying stuff to replace it would be a ******* waste of money.
No one explained anything. I went through this exact issue two years ago. Trust me, he'll be back with the same issues. The check ball was stuck and got unstuck. It'll do it again, it always does. I've seen this probably 10 times.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Launching!

flex fuel vehicles has less fuel pressure.if yours is not flex fuel then it would be 58psi
Old 11-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
No one explained anything. I went through this exact issue two years ago. Trust me, he'll be back with the same issues. The check ball was stuck and got unstuck. It'll do it again, it always does. I've seen this probably 10 times.
Lol all right, expert.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gavin2005
flex fuel vehicles has less fuel pressure.if yours is not flex fuel then it would be 58psi
Want to come watch my fuel pressure gauge as I drive? Mine's a flex fuel. 58 PSI constantly.

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Lol all right, expert.
No reason to be a smart *** about it.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Reminds me of my early years on this forum 10 or so years ago,I would get into pissing contest with other hard headed *******,turns out I was wrong half the time.

Appreciate all who has read and those that posted on this post.Ive had V1 since 2005 and v2 since 2007,I dont trust myself to do much more than change tire size ,tach speed, fan temps and basic ****.

Ive owned a new 07 flex fuel tahoe,and now just finding out FP is VCM regulated .

I now need to log the pressures
One thing that did throw me off was, on this truck with the FP gauge on the needle would fluxuate quickly(dipping down) when i jacked the throttle,to me that was a indication of restriction or plugged filter.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Reminds me of my early years on this forum 10 or so years ago,I would get into pissing contest with other hard headed *******,turns out I was wrong half the time.

Appreciate all who has read and those that posted on this post.Ive had V1 since 2005 and v2 since 2007,I dont trust myself to do much more than change tire size ,tach speed, fan temps and basic ****.

Ive owned a new 07 flex fuel tahoe,and now just finding out FP is VCM regulated .

I now need to log the pressures
One thing that did throw me off was, on this truck with the FP gauge on the needle would fluxuate quickly(dipping down) when i jacked the throttle,to me that was a indication of restriction or plugged filter.
I have over 20k posts on other truck related forums, and this is a prime example of why I'm not on THIS site on a regular basis. You do have an issue in the fuel assembly, whether it is the built in regulator sticking as I was saying (which was my problem) or the pump is going out. The other possibility is the line from pump up to the assembly is split.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Reminds me of my early years on this forum 10 or so years ago ....
****, man, you must be OLD!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
I have over 20k posts on other truck related forums, and this is a prime example of why I'm not on THIS site on a regular basis. You do have an issue in the fuel assembly, whether it is the built in regulator sticking as I was saying (which was my problem) or the pump is going out. The other possibility is the line from pump up to the assembly is split.
This is one of the Best Forums i'm a member of!
There are far worse forums out there!!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NKPPhil
****, man, you must be OLD!
no PHIL, just you

LMAO J/K
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
This is one of the Best Forums i'm a member of!
There are far worse forums out there!!
I agree that there are worse, but there are better by far. I'm not getting into a pissing match. It's obvious that this guy has a problem. It just so happens to be one I've experienced and dealt with when NO ONE knew what the **** was going on. The NNBS are extremely different than the NBS when it comes to fuel delivery. I was so upset that I was to the point of converting to a true return style with a vette regulator and such. A simple fuel pressure gauge as he is driving would prove that there is a problem in the assembly. No sense worrying about what it is though, because its all once piece and the only part you can change is the pump, which didn't help one bit when I did it. I took the stock pump out and replaced it with a Walbro. Guess what, no change. If he pays the money for a used fuel assembly, he's out the same price as a Walbro and has a spare stock pump without worrying that something still isn't fixed.

Quick Reply: GM tech or guru please help